Riza was very worried. It had been a week since the Colonel had been in the office. He never, in all that she had known him, ever taken so long out of work. Even the other subordinates were beginning to see that he wasn't there. Every time she tried to call him, he never answered the phone and every time she went by his place, he never answered the door. She always took papers there and by the next time she came, the papers were all signed or denied so she knew he was alive but...

"I think we need an intervention." Breda said. "And Lieutenant Hawkeye will do it for us."

"I'll do what now?" she asked, looking up.

Breda smiled sheepishly. "We- we were just wondering if you would mind seeing what's up with the Colonel? Higher ups are starting to talk."

"Lucky for you, I had planned to go to his house today. Is there anything you need for me to take him?"

"No I think everything is good." Havoc said. "Though I think that scientist guy that he and the Chief were working with keeps hounding us with calls."

"Ed said he's been trying to get up with the Colonel as well." Fuery said from his desk. "They've come up at least three times to try and talk to him."

"Hmm. This is all very strange. I'll see what's happened immediately so that we can get back to normal schedule."

They all agreed and Riza uncharacteristically played with her bottom lip in worry. Roy had never been like this and she was truly afraid.

Ed and Al walked in and Havoc greeted them as Edward walked up to Riza.

"Hey, is Colonel Bastard in today? I've been trying to get a hold him. That Dr. Striker won't leave me alone."

"Us too." Havoc said, leaning against his desk.

"Sorry, Ed, but he's not here today either."

"That's very odd for the Colonel." Alphonse said. "He always said he would never leave if there wasn't a need."

"I understand your confusion, Alphonse. I'm going to go visit him today. What do I need to tell him?"

"Just tell him that when he gets over his shy stage that Dr. Striker wants us to come back to the lab for further testing."

"I'll tell him."

"Come on, Al, let's go see if there's something to fix around here since Colonel Bastard isn't here to give us any assignments..."

"Mmm."

They left and Riza grabbed her coat from the rack and threw it on.

"I'm going to go check on the Colonel. Don't screw anything up while I'm gone."

The men saluted and she left to go his apartment.

*********************

Riza went to the colonel's door and knocked on it. He didn't respond as usual, and Riza knocked again.

"Colonel, I know you're in there. Please let me in." she growled.

"No." she heard softly from the other side of the door.

Riza's eyes lit up, glad that he was alright. She put her ear against the door to try and hear what he was saying.

"Colonel, please. We're all very worried about you."

"Go away."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Please, go away... I... I'll call you later."