Roy finally got a hair tie with the help of Alphonse rather than Edward. Roy's plight was taken a little better and gently with Alphonse, who actually laughed at the situation.

***********************

"I guess I kinda know how that feels. Except I can't get bigger or smaller. It's something that can't be controlled. Don't worry, Colonel, your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks, Alphonse; and thanks for the hair tie."

"You're welcome sir. Ed has them lying around the house all the time. He keeps making them because he's too lazy to go back upstairs sometimes." He said with a chuckle.

Edward made a face as Riza looked at the three of them.

"I have to send in your work excuse so that the Fuhrer doesn't get on my case nor yours. How long do you want me to put it in for?"

"A week?"

"Colonel, I highly doubt that Dr. Striker will find something within that time."

"Well if you know so much about me, Hawkeye, then put in what you think is good enough." Roy growled, crossing his arms on the couch.

Riza sighed and knelt in front of him.

"Sir, I'm just trying to help things go smooth... Don't get huffy."

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child, Riza." He growled, glaring at her. "I am your superior officer and I'm in a bit of a dilemma."

Riza breathed in and stood up, ignoring the last part of his statement. Things would be easier if you didn't act like a child on top of everything else. I honestly can't take him seriously sometimes... she thought as she put her jacket on.

"I'll be back after work. Play nice."

She left the house and Roy scoffed.

"Is that supposed to be a joke? 'Play safe'," he mocked. "She's such a woman."

"Why the hell are you still here?" Edward said, looking at him.

Roy looked up. "You weren't even listening to the conversation, were you?"

"The Colonel is going to stay with us until Ms. Riza gets back from Headquarters." Alphonse chimed in. "You should listen to people better, Brother."

Edward threw his hands in the air in dismissal and walked toward the stairs.

"I'm taking a bath. That lab makes me feel like I got something on me."

He trudged up the stairs and Alphonse looked at Roy but saw that he was dozing off. He was going to say something sarcastic but he wasn't as skilled with the Colonel as he was his brother so he didn't say what he wanted.

"Colonel, are you tired?"

Roy opened his eyes wide in confusion and waking and then yawned.

"Yeah... the doctor said the pills he gave me should keep me from regressing when I sleep. But I'm just tired in general..." He leaned over on the arm of the couch. "Maybe you can teach me how to make a hair tie when I wake up..."

Only when Roy's face was very lax did Alphonse put the blanket over him. He was used to doing it for his brother and he smiled on the inside.

*********************************

Edward was drying off his metal arm and leg extensively after his very invigorating shower that he got. Even though he was reckless about everything else he had to do with them, he never wanted them to get rusty since it would effect whatever would come next on his journey. Winry always complimented how his stuff was never rusted... just broken to bits or missing completely. But damn it, they were never rusted.