Part 5 - mishbir date

A/N: So sorry for the late update guys. I was feeling stuck and not getting enough push to write to be honest. But I am here and have written this one for now. Hopefully next chapter will follow soon as well. Read on.

Recap – Abir takes Mishti out on a date

The car ride was silent. He was feeling embarrassed having been caught staring at her and she was feeling shy which wasn't like her usual self.

But after a while she realized, they were no longer going to any chai-pakoda stall.

"Abir where are we going?" She asked and quirked an eyebrow

"Don't worry, I am not kidnapping you. I just thought we can visit a nice place for starters and then we can later stop by at the tapri for chai" she laughed at his explanation and agreed that sounded like a good idea.

After they reached the restaurant's parking, he parked the car, got down and pulled the door for her like a true gentleman. He extended his hand for her and she took it, a small smile playing on their lips. All this felt so beautiful and natural. As if they had always been doing this, going out on evenings, no worries in the world in their mind.

As they stepped inside the restaurant, Abir asked for the reservation he had already made for them.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rajvansh, right?" the manager politely asked. Abir had made reservation under the name 'Abir Rajvansh', but the guy probably wanted to impress them and blurted that out.

''Not just yet" Abir said in his mind and corrected him saying they were just friends.

The manager quickly apologized while mishti was flustered.

"This way sir, ma'm" the manager led them to their table and then left them alone, not wanting to make them more awkward by commenting anything further.

Abir again, pulled a chair for her and she took it. She was taking in the ambience. It was a simple yet elegant looking place, not very crowded either. And looking at the other occupied tables and people there, she understood this was not a 'college hangout' place either.

'He must have come here before on dates' she thought

"Actually main yaha first time hi aya hoon" as if he heard her thoughts. She looked surprised and then just smiled, a cue for him to continue.

"Kunal ne suggest kiya tha" of course Kunal, he was more of a 'restaurant' person than Abir.

Rest of the conversation flew nicely and quite naturally. They talked about anything and everything under the sun. Their school days, their favorite movies, his first crush, her first date, his first break up and so on. One thing they both realized was they didn't need to think about what to speak next or will he/she judge me if I said so. In Mishti's own words, they were 'clicking' and the marital courtship indeed was doing magic for this relationship.

It was past 8pm and they both didn't realize the time. It was finally when Mishti's grandpa called her as she was supposed to meet him later that evening.

"ji Dadaji, I will be there in half an hour" 

Abir was a tad bit disappointed hearing that their date was about to get over, he didnt realize how two hours went by.

"Ok beta, jaldi ana. Main driver bhej doon?" came her grandfather's reply. One of the reasons he wanted to do that and which he would never admit to her just yet was, he was checking on her. Not in a wrong way but in protective grandfather way. 

He wanted to check what kind of a guy Abir was and was his granddaughter indeed with a right person.

"Nahi, main aa jaungi." She knew Abir will be dropping her and she herself wanted to spend more time with him.

***********

Precap - KUKU engagement and mishbir's first argument 😮