Part 13 - jaise banjare ko ghar

Mishti was not only shocked but also angry seeing Kunal there. She had heard from her grandfather how Kunal Rajvansh and his mother had tried to snatch one of their deals months ago, that too by unethical ways. They had tried to influence one of their clients by sending some false information about Elite travels (Suresh Agarwal's travel company) so their own travel business could get the deal. But it was solely due to the good faith her grandfather had created amongst the potential clients that they came to talk to him. And he was able to save the business. However that had left him angry. He still kept quiet because that time Mishti and Abir were going through the 'courtship' phase and he didn't want to mess up with his granddaughter's life. She had anyway recently came in his life, and he didn't want to lose her.

But after her breakup with Abir, he shared this piece information, making her angrier with the Rajvanshs. So obviously she had a very bad opinion of Kunal Rajvansh. And now seeing him there just made her more angry

"What are you doing here?" she asked, trying to control her temper

"I know bhabh-I mean Mishti you are angry but please listen to me once" his tone was pleading. Ever since he realized how he and their mother had wronged his bhai, he wanted to make things right. If not their mother, at least he could do his part. And this was his only chance.

"Did Abir send you here? Since I refused to listen to him, he asked you to come and talk to me didn't he? Please tell him I don't want to listen to anymore of you guys and your explanations. Who knows you might come up with another story to trap me" suddenly Mishti found herself going back to doubting Abir again, her mistrust making its way in her head again. And she was angry at Abir and now Kunal since she was sure he sent him there.

Saying so Mishti turned to walk away. And that is when his loud voice stopped her in her track

"Bhai doesn't live with us anymore Mishti, he has left house six months ago. He has nothing to do with what we did to you, he is innocent." Kunal said in a single breath

Mishti stopped in her track. Absolutely stunned after what she heard. Seizing the opportunity, Kunal reached her in quick steps.

What followed was an honest confession from Kunal, how the whole idea of this alliance was his and his mother's. how his bhai had reluctantly agreed but then had genuinely started liking her, how Abir had nothing to do with their business and how he had been living separately since last 6 months. He told her how his bhai was angry at their mother and him.

Kunal apologized from his and his mother's behalf. And went on to finally say what he really wanted to say

"I agree bhai shouldn't have hidden the truth from you in the first place, but don't you think he has repented enough for that Mishti?"

Mishti had a hard time processing everything she just got to know. 'Abir wasn't happy as she thought he was, he was really trying to repent, he had not even once bothered her in past 6 months giving her space and yet when she had been nothing but unresponsive to his attempts to talk when they met again, he didn't lose patience'

"Where can I meet him Kunal? Can you give me his address?" she asked and Kunal was happy to hear that his plan worked.

"Ofcourse. Bhai must still be at Asha Kiran considering its just 5. I am so happy you are ready to listen to him Mishti, I promise you wont regret. And please ho sake toh mujhe maaf kar dena." Saying so Kunal happily shared his address

"Thank you Kunal. And my badi ma says when someone truly feels sorry they should be forgiven." She said giving him a warm smile and he gave a grateful one in return

--*--

When Mishti barged in Asha Kiran's office, almost everyone was leaving for the day. She saw one of the NGO ladies there and asked for Abir's cabin

"Abir bhaiyya's cabin is that way but aap kaun?" the lady asked politely, as she had never this girl coming to meet Abir before. Not that many girls had been the visitors before, their Abir bhaiyya was shy types. Except this one girl they had heard he was going to get engaged to. But soon they heard the engagement was broken and they had felt sorry for him. Since then they had seen a changed abir, no longer his chirpy self.

"My name is Mishti, I am errm, his friend" Mishti said not knowing what else to say, although the NGO didi smiled warmly, hoping she was the same girl their bhaiyya was pining after.

"Sure, this way" saying so she led Mishti to Abir's cabin

--*--

Abir heard a knock on the door as he was getting ready to leave, bracing himself for yet another lonely evening in his apartment and next day to face Mishti once again, in a hope to see her forgiveness.

"come in" he said. But he was surprised to see Mishti standing there, "Tum?" was he dreaming?

"Haan main. Tum samajhte kya ho apne aap ko Abir?" her question threw him off-guard. To be honest Mishti too hadn't plan to start the conversation that way but seeing him just made her remember her conversation with kunal and she snapped

"What?" he asked shocked, now completely out of trance. Mishti was shaking with anger, but what did he do now?

"what, what? What do you think of yourself? Tumne socha tum akele sad rahoge, akele pareshan honge? Ek baar bhi nahi socha what I was going through? Why didn't you force me to listen, why didn't you say 'Mishti bass karo, you're hurting us both'? why Abir?" Mishti kept questioning all the while tears streaming down her cheeks and his too.

Abir wanted to say so much, tell her how he was doing this for them both, how he didnt feel much pain as he knew he had hurt her more. her trust was broken by him back then and her anger was justified. But the only thing he said that moment was,

"I am sorry Mishti. I am so so sorry" he said going near her. Mishti looked at his eyes that reflected her pain, both overwhelmed with so many emotions. And throwing caution to the wind, she did what her heart told her to do. Hug him! His arms automatically going around her, as they both wept. But one thing was sure, they hadn't felt so peaceful in last 6 months as they did now, finally letting the bottled emotions out, finally feeling like they found each other...sure there will be more discussion needed, more confessions, more talks with their family. But this moment was theirs. They owed this peaceful moment to savor each other's company after a long painful separation. As a banjara had found his ghar!

--*--

A/N – many closures in this chapter, eh? And finally, mishbir patch up. 😇 Do let me know what you thought of it guys. As we are nearing an end of this beautiful journey, your reviews mean even more than before. 

Next chapter has a special proposal💕💕 Stay tuned. Thank you. 🤗