Part 2 - Giving a chance

Part 2

'Elite Travels', a subsidiary of Agarwal group of companies was a well-known travel company in Europe. And now it entered in India's horizon too. That obviously impacted many local companies, Da Vansh travels, owned by Meenakshi Rajvansh, included!

"Maa, humein kuch karna hoga. We lost third major deal this week to Elite Travels. If this continues we will be soon out of the market." Kunal was in Meenu's cabin that afternoon, after a rather heated board room meeting.

"I know beta. And I also know this has halted your dream of launching Da Vansh in Europe and entering European market." Meenu understood Kunal's concern but she herself was unable to form any plan yet. Elite travels seem to play their cards very well. And why wouldn't they? They were most trusted brand internationally for a reason!

***********

A week passed like that. Mishti told BM and BP that she was ready to see Mr. Suresh Agarwal and was ok if he comes to meet her at home, if he wanted.

And so, he was invited for dinner that night.

"Mujhe invite karne ke liye shukriya Vishambhar ji." He politely thanked BP and BM and handed them a box of sweets. He surely was a well-mannered man.

He then came to mishti and handed her a gift-wrapped box. Before she could refuse, he said, "Hum jaante hain aapko padhne ka shauk hain beta. This book is about a working woman and uske struggles ke barey mein hain, hopefully aapko pasand aayegi. I personally find it inspiring and like it very much." She appreciated the way he cared enough to consider her likes and so she could not refuse it after that.

A while later, everyone was at dinner table. BM signaled mishti to take a sit besides her grandpa. And surprisingly she obliged. She was indeed warming up to him.

"Toh aap abhi bhi hotel me hi reh rahe hain Suresh ji?" BP enquired.

"Ji Vishambhar ji. I had actually started looking at some properties nearby but was not sure if I would stay here for longer or not." He glanced at mishti as he said that. But looking her give a small and warm smile his way, he continued, "But now maybe, I will look for a house or maybe renovate an old property."

***********

Mish decided to take a stroll after dinner. She needed sometime alone to think about what was happening in her life recently. And a cycle ride was a perfect way to get her mind to calm.

She took the familiar route from her house but unknowingly took a turn to the road that led to lakeside. And there he was. Sitting on the bench, scribing something in his diary. He really seemed like a banjara to her! (A/N: here, Mishti already knows that he is Kunal's brother)

"ahem ahem" she cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Angry chorni? Tum yahan?" He was surprised to see her there, at wee hours of the night. And even though she was offended at his 'Angry chorni' remark, a small smile crept on her lips. She knew he didn't say it to offend her.

"Last time I checked, this is a public property. Did your family buy it?"

"haha I wish. Genrally this area is secluded. I like the calmness of this place. Par ab tum aa hi gayi ho, toh baitho. Chai peeogi?" He held up his thermos flask which probably had tea.

A steaming cup of tea in a cold, March night felt too tempting to resist to her. She took a sit besides him on the bench as he pulled out 2 paper cups and poured the steaming liquid in it.

For a good 5 minutes no one spoke anything, but that silence was more than comfortable.

"So,"; "So", both of them spoke at the same time and laughed at that. He was first to talk again "ladies first"