Epilogue

Quick Note - I am so glad to bring this last update to you, while we are still in Diwali week. Happy bhai-dooj and Happy Diwali you all 🪔🤗

--*--

7 years later

"Abir, tumne Kanha ko kahi dekha? (Abir did you see Kanha?)" Mishti asked

"what do you mean by kahi dekha? Kaha hai wo(where is he)?" Abir who was playing with their youngest, barely looked at her. Whenever he was with Mihika, anybody else would get similar treatment, even mishti. Father-daughter times were precious for him, even if his 9-month-old daughter didn't understand much of her father's antics and his undivided attention. But her toothless grins used to tell them that she loved playing with him and seeing him make those faces at her to make her laugh.

"Agar mujhe pata hota ki wo kaha hai toh main yaha thodi aati?(If i knew where he was, why would I come here?)" mishti got irritated. She was helping her elder son, Amish with his homework in the boys' room when her younger son, Mihir aka Kanha tiptoed out from the room. And now he was nowhere to be seen. Just then Amish walked in their bedroom.

"Mamma, I can't find my crayons. I need them in school today."

"Amu, baad mein beta, pehle ye batao aapne aapke chote bhai ko kahi dekha? Kanha aapke kamre mein hai kya?"

"Nahi mamma, Kanha toh nahi tha humare kamre mein, shayad dadi ke sath hoga. Main dekhta hoon." Saying so, he ran outside. Amu aka Amish was the perfect eldest sibling in mishbir's 3 kids. He was a caring older brother to Mihir and Mihika and adored them with all his heart. However, Kanha was the naughty one and did not leave any chance to pull pranks.

"Abir bhai aap aur Mihika yaha ho? I thought neeche breakfast table pe milogey" Kunal came looking for Abir, although it sounded more like he was looking for his favorite niece.

"Nanko, just because you have breakfast at 8 am, doesn't mean hum log bhi itni jaldi uth jayengey. Hain na doll? Chachu ko kuch nahi samjhta.(Chachu doesnt understand anything)" Last 2 sentences were directed at Mihika, who was giggling anyway.

"Bhai, not fair, aap doll ke samne meri burai nahi kar sakte. Aur ye time waise bhi chachu aur doll ka hai, hain na sweetheart?" saying so he picked her up from mishbir's bed. Abir was going to protest, but saying Mihika happy in her chachu's arms, he let it go.

"By the way Bhabhi, aapke kanha ko maine Nidhi mami ke room se ate hue dekha abhi. Uske peeche Kaushal mamu bhag rahe the, kehte hue ki "mere zaruri kagaz ko color kar diya", so I think sab normal hain." Kunal imitated Kaushal mama. But he was right though. Kanha's pranks meant everything was OK in the house.

"Thank god, Kunal. Achha hua tumne bata diya. Warna main abhi daadu ko hi call karne wali thi ki kahi woh subah subah aakar le toh nahi gaye?" her dadu, i.e Suresh Agarwal was very fond of all 3 kids but with kanha he used to be happiest. And many times, he used to come there after a morning walk or late-night stroll just to spend some time with Kanha. Although Mishti and Abir had ensured he wasn't alone on weekends and festivals. He had insisted to still stay at his mansion though  so instead many times they had a sleepover at Agarwal mansion. 

As soon as Kunal left, Abir's attention went to his second favorite girl in the world (followed by Mihika of course). She was busy folding Mihika's clothes and throw blankets.

"Not fair wifey, main yaha hoon and tum mujhe dekh bhi nahi rahi ho( I am here and you are not even looking at me)" he said hugging her from the back

"Accha? Aur main last 10 minutes se yaha thi, tab aapka dhyan kaha tha janab?" she teased

"Come on yar mishti, tumhe pata hain na main doll ke sath khel raha tha. Aur aaj main use 'papa' bolne ko sikha raha tha."

"Abir, her first word is going to be "mamma" not papa or dada ok?"

"Achha, fine. We will see. Pehle mujhe meri good morning kiss toh do"

"What? Tum pagal ho gaye ho? Door khula hain, koi bhi aa sakta hain. Amu ya kanha ne dekh liya toh? And you got your morning kiss already in the bed ok?"

"kya yaar mishti, uss baat ko do ghante ho chuke hain. Ek aur kiss toh banti hain na?" saying so, he almost closed the gap between their lips, when,

"Mammmaaa" came kanha's voice and he barged in the room, running. But he stopped in his tracks when he saw his parents in a tight embrace

"Haww dadda, aap kya rahe ho mamma ke sath?" Mishti quickly freed herself and came near Kanha.

"Kuch nahi beta, main aapko hi dhund rahi thi. Aur aap mil nahi rahe the na iss liye tense ho gayi thi. Toh papa mujhe relax karne ke liye hug kar rahe the, bass. Chalo neeche, breakfast karte hain" saying so she took him with her downstairs, but not before giving a glare to Abir

Everyone was at the breakfast table, laughing chit chatting and enjoying the food. Mishti was walking down the stairs with kanha when he spotted his fav Suresh nanu at the door. He ran into his arms.

"Bade nanu"

"arre bade nanu thak gaye honge beta, morning walk karke aye hain. Unhe baithne toh do" Mishti admonished him, even when she was very happy to see her dadu there. 

"toh kya hua? Papa unhe bhi special wala hug de denge jaise abhi mamma ko de rahe the. Hain na mamma?" his innocent question dumbfounded Mishti and Abir who had also just joined them. While everyone else burst out laughing, obviously catching what Kanha unknowingly said.

"Main abhi ati hoon" Mishti made an excuse and ran in the kitchen while Abir made an excuse of a call and ran outside. While everyone else could not stop thinking that how blissfully in love these two were, even after so many years and their love filled every one of their family members' lives with happiness.

And so, they all lived happily ever after!!

--*--

A/ N – Can't believe it's done! My first completed story on mishbir 🤗😍💃. I had written epilogue immediately after chapter 1 or 2 though lol. Most dialogues are in Hindi here as back when I wrote it, I had my thinking set in that way lol. Honestly, I wouldn't have completed it had it not been for the overwhelming response and love you guys showered on this one and stuck with it through almost a year. Loved writing it. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much 😇

Do not forget to leave your reviews on this one too. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, do check out my other works too (Mostly Arnav Khushi) on my profile. Would love to see you there too.

On an end note, Happy Diwali 🪔 have lots of sweets and spend time with your loved ones 😇

Until next time, take care and see ya! 🤗