Part 10 - Plans and Plots

Suresh Agarwal had done a lot of things to build and run the successful business empire that he owned which he wanted to hand it over to his granddaughter one day. His heir, his pride.

But never did he think that he will have to conspire for her happiness!

Yes, Mishti's dadu was planning to bring her lost happiness back in her life. After doing a thorough background check on Abir Rajvansh, he had understood one thing that the boy was anything but a scamster. It might be true that he courted Mishti with an intention to help their family business, but it was also true that he was never a part of it. It was handled solely by his mother and brother. In fact, the boy even left his house shortly after his breakup with Mishti.

For now, that was sufficient to know. So he approached his next allies, aka mishti's badi ma and bade papa. He knew that apart from him, those were the people who would happily bring the moon and stars for her, if need be. Bringing her lost love back was a small thing. Together they will do this.

And besides they would always be there to keep an eye on him in case he tried to hurt her again. He and her badi ma-bade papa would not let his granddaughter suffer.

It was time to roll the dice!

--*--

Abir was surprised, shocked to be more precise. Mishti's grandfather wanted to meet him? Along with Mr and Mrs Maheshwari? Why? Did they want to confront him? Or worst still, tell him that her marriage was fixed somewhere, and he was supposed to stay away?

God that sounded horrible.

Sure, he and Mishti never said 'I love you's, heck he himself had barely acknowledged what he felt for Mishti was strong enough to be called love. Their relation had barely reached that stage when the tornado stuck them.

But after their breakup, he had realized that he had admired her courage, appreciated hearing her thoughts, enjoyed her company, amazed by her bond with her family and charmed by her innocent beauty. And if that was called love, he was hopelessly in love with Mishti! Only, it seemed he was late.

Abir was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize when these 3 people approached him.

"Kaise ho abir?" hearing Mrs. Rajeshwari-Mishti's-badi-ma's voice, he looked up startled.

He immediately stood up to greet them all.

"Namaste sir, Namaste uncle, namaste aunty. I am good aunty, aap kaise ho?" he started politely, however the sincerity in his eyes wasn't missed on Mishti's parents and grandfather.

They looked at each other knowingly.

"We are also good beta. Please have a sit. We are here to talk about Mishti"

There we go, he thought. Bracing himself to hear the worst, he listened to what Mishti's family wanted to say.

--*--

It had been 2 days since they talked with him and very clearly told him what they wanted to say. They watched his expressions turning from frightened, to nervous to relieved. What had he thought they wanted to say previously?

In any case, if he declined, they had decided to send Mishti to Paris to handle their business there. It was high time she either moved on and was able to move with him.

--*--

Abir considered all possibilities. Sure it sounded like a good idea. But he also knew how broken her trust was. So staying that close to her, would he be able to do it?

The decision was tough. And so he reached out to his grandfather, one-and-only, nanu!

"Arre gadheda, what's there to think in this? Go ahead and say yes"

"But nanu, what if it becomes more messy? What if she refuses to talk to me at all?"

"So you think waiting around and moping like this every day will make her talk? Abir, we decided that you'll slowly make your place back in her life in some time but I think we couldn't get more better opportunity than this. Saamne se chalke ayah aya hai rasta, use pakad lo Abir."

Maybe his nanu was right...saying he will give it a thought he put down the phone.

--*--

As Mishti entered the office that morning, she saw her dadu, once again smiling to himself. He had been doing that since a week now! What was up with him? She looked at him narrowing her eyes.

"Dadu, what's going on?"

He was taken a back a little.

"What's going on? Kaha kuch beta? Nothing. Kya hua?" he acted innocent.

"Please dadu, you can't lie to me. I know something's on your mind lately. Sach sach bataiye kya chal raha hain aapke dimagh mein?" she asked, rather confronted her dadu

"Mishti beta, ye attitude na apne employees ko dikhana, they might be scared of you, not me ok? I am still your dadu." He said ruffling her hair and went on to greet his PA.

'Offo ye dadu bhi na. pata nahi kya chal raha hain?' she thought to herself, but then was pulled into a meeting and then this slipped out of her mind entirely for the whole day.

Finally, after a long day at work, when she was ready to leave, her PA knocked on her door

"Yes Rajiv, come in"

"Mam, we have a very important meeting at 7.30 am tomorrow. I just wanted to remind you."

Mishti looked confused for a minute but remembered immediately. Her new pet project, 'Ummeed', which was supposed to give employments to homeless kids and ladies. And for the same, she was trying to reach out to few people, some NGOs and see if things could work out.

Tomorrow was first of those meetings. Her first meeting with an NGO director.

"Sure Rajiv. Thanks for reminding. Naam kya hain unka by the way?" she asked

"Ab-" and just then Mishti's phone rang, her dadu had told her he was waiting for her in the car and she immediately dashed out without hearing her PA.

"Its ok Rajiv I'll meet him or her tomorrow."

Saying so, she ran out of her cabin, asking rajiv to lock out after her.

Little did she know, tomorrow was going to be really a BIG DAY for her!

--*--

A/N – you'll must have guessed it right, they are going to be working together. 😀 and its all conspired by dadu and badi ma, bade papa. Let's see what happens to their plan now.😁

Keep showering your love for the story, I truly enjoy reading each comment and appreciate the votes.🤗😇