Part 8 - Where you left me..

A/N - How're you all? I know its a late update but hopefully the chapter will makeup for the delay. Without much ado, lets dive in 😎

--*--

It had been a week since the award ceremony, but Mishti had no time to celebrate. She had completely immersed herself in work, as along with setting the new food business she was also helping her dada ji with their travel business.

"Mishti beta, aaj dinner bahar karein? I am craving Italian for 2 days now. Besides we have been having khichdi overdose" her dada ji teased her about her love for khichdi but he also knew she was postponing going out and had thrown herself in work. And knowing how his granddaughter's mind worked for almost 8 moths now he knew her and how well she hid her pain.

"Nahi dada ji, fir kabhi chalte hain na? I have to attend a telecon with our Europe team tonight, they are going to help with a few strategies they used when we were new there" Mishti was making an excuse that even she knew was lame but she didnt want to go out.

"Arre mishtu beta, you don't need those dumb kids in my Europe team for that. You have their teacher for your help! If they set up our business there, don't forget it was your dada ji who guided them on how to. Sure, I am old now so I am allowing you to take charge, but I can definitely teach you the tactics you need" he said in all sincerity and pride. Mishti came to hug him sideways.

"Of course, dadu, I know, I have got the best teacher! But you need to sleep on time. And we can ask our maid Shanta to make Italian tomorrow if you want"

"Nahi beta, she will make Maggie and tell me it is pasta! I don't want to ruin noodles as well as pasta for me" he said laughing. Their house help Shanta was a subject of light-hearted jokes between dadu-poti duo.

"haha. Fine thik hai. You won. But I'll drive, ok? I feel like taking the wheel tonight" she said walking to her room upstairs to get ready.

"accha baba tum chalana. Bass humein sahi salamat leke aana ok?" he teased her but satisfied that he convinced her to step out.

--*--

"Khichdi? NO!" Atul made a horrified face as Abir announced dinner plans for their siblings' night at his apartment.

"Atul, khichdi is a very healthy dish ok? Stop making face as if I said bitter gourd curry for dinner" truth be told, khichdi had become his favorite dish ever since he had it once with Mishti.

"Bhai, chaliye na bahar please. You owe us a treat for that award." Ketaki was coaxing Abir to take her, Kunal and Atul out for dinner. They were visiting Abir's apartment early that evening

"Nahi ketu, bahar kyun? Ok, if not khichdi, I can make Chinese for us" Abir tried to change their minds. He did not feel like going out anymore.

"Nahi bhai not Chinese not khichdi, I want to have spaghetti and besides there is this new Italian restaurant in Maurya palace. I want to go there" Ketki said, her eyes sparkling with amusement. Being the youngest of 4 siblings and being their only sister she was used to being spoilt silly.

"Maurya palace as in the costly 5-star? Of course, you'll want to go to the restaurant there." Atul teased her.

"Bhai, actually I have also heard good reviews about it from our staff. Chalte hain na?" Kunal added. He was worried for his bhai who had distanced himself from them and specifically from him and their mother. He missed his bhai. And honestly, he had realized their mistake and was genuinely working on rectifying it, if only he could convince his mother as well.

"Please na bhai, lets go? Please please please?" ketki said in a child-like voice and her bother obviously melted.

"Fine thik hai" he said giving up

--*--

"hmm, this is really a nice place dadu" Mishti said checking out the cozy upscale restaurant situated on the fourteenth floor of the five-star hotel in Rajkot. It had been a while since she had stepped in one to be honest.

"Of course, Suresh Agarwal's granddaughter was dining out, the place had to be special" her proud dadu said. He wanted nothing but best for her, trying to make up for the 21 years he missed being in her life. And in last few months he already had. If mishti's badi ma and bade papa didn't let her miss her parents, her dadu gave her the warmth of a loving grandparent that she never experienced. His love, care, support helped her taking baby steps towards being a person she was today. A young successful businesswoman!

As they seated around a table in the VIP lounge, a waiter came to take their orders. Dadu ordered for both as he knew what she liked, and the waiter left. When he shifted his attention back to her, he saw her observing the surroundings and smiled seeing his child finally relaxing. She was taking too much stress for her young age, and he felt helpless that he couldn't do much. Her badi ma and bade papa visited them often and so did Mishti visit Maheshwari's almost every weekend. But still traces of sadness in her eyes didn't miss out on him

--*--

Rajvansh siblings made their way into the hotel and the manager quickly came to them.

"A table for 4" Kunal said

"Do you have reservations sir?" the manager asked politely.

"What? No. but it is a weekday so we thought we could get one. Can you please manage something?" Atul asked him

"Sorry sir but we are overbooked. We cannot accommodate another party for the night" manager declined as politely as he could

"Do you know who we are? Do you want to have business in this city or not?" Kunal angrily asked the manager

Seeing Kunal's temper raise, Abir quickly intervened

"Nanko, stop." He called him nanko after so long and that made kunal calm. Abir then turned to the manager." I am sorry for his behavior. Actually, we didn't book a table but we have heard so much of your place. So, we directly came here. We will be really happy if you could accommodate us somehow"

Abir's polite talk had its effect on the manager, but he knew they were booked for the night. Just then they heard a voice

"Arre Abir sir? Aap yaha?" came the voice from a well-dressed man who walked towards the group

"Mr. Mehta? How are you? Its good to see you here" Abir was surprised to see one of his old associates, who was a contractor for his NGO canteen some time ago

"this place is owned by my brother and I. We are so glad you came here." Mr. Mehta sure had come long way after the canteen contract with Abir's NGO, but he still valued the help Abir had provided him when he was new in the business. He then turned to the manager "Sudhir, Mr Rajvansh is my special guest. Give him and his family a table in our VIP lounge."

"Ji sir." The manager of course didn't need to be told twice, turned to escort them to an empty table.

"Thanks a lot Mr. Mehta. We really appreciate it" Abir replied genuinely happy

"no problem at all Abir sir, we are happy to see you here. Enjoy the evening"

--*--

Precap 1: "this is not the food we ordered" Mishti looked at the dish with displeasure

"I am so sorry mam. Looks like our staff did mess up"

--*--

Precap 2 - "how are you Mishti?" his eyes asked silently 

"I am fine how are you Abir?" her eyes replied wordlessly as if hearing his thoguhts

"Still same. I am still standing at the same place you left me at"

--*--

A/N – I am so sorry for late update guys. It was unintentional. I had moved places and the write up for this story was in another computer which I had not set up. Anyhow, so I finally managed to retrieve my writeup for this story and will be updating every week now. hopefully 🤞🤗

Thank you for all the love and support on this story and hope to continue it as we move further. Your votes and reviews mean a lot! 😇