Chapter 3

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear up your path."
~ Unknown

......

Summer White

......

Memory is a funny thing. Did you know it can be reconstructed by just the words of others? It can be done by using leading words, but sometimes you can trick yourself too. Being in traumatic situations can make you remember specific events differently than those who were in the same situation. Sometimes you'll remember things that never even happened and that's because that's just how your mind is wired to process trauma.

I know what happened yesterday or the day before yesterday was traumatic, but I swear I wasn't here when it happened. I wasn't in my apartment. As I peel my swollen eyes open, I groan. My body aches and begs for more rest, but I don't listen. Instead, I push the blanket off myself and sit on the edge of my bed.

My head throbbing with pain and parts of my face pulsating, it tells me that what had happened between Cole, Alec and I was in fact reality and not just a dream. I just don't know how I ended up back in my room and how is it all clean? I swear they had trashed the whole apartment. I look down at my clothes and I realize they're not the same either making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

When I hear shuffling outside, I stand up and make my way to the living room only to find Alice preparing for her shift.

"Shit, what happened to your face?" Alice questions.

"Nothing, I thought I told you not to come home."

"Yeah, for twenty-four hours. It's been forty-eight," she says. I try not to display the shock on my face, but my mind starts racing with a million thoughts.

"Shit, you didn't even wanna check on me to see if I was alive?" I question a bit offended.

"Of course I checked on you. You were breathing so I let you sleep. The guy also left a note saying that I should let you rest since ya'll got quite freaky as I can tell," Alice explains.

"Oh," I laugh awkwardly as my cheeks heat up. Alice must believe I'm into some kinky shit if she thinks my bruises are from sex. I don't know if I should be offended or appalled by her beliefs. In all honesty, I don't know what I like in bed with someone else since the only time I've ever been in bed with someone else is when I was raped. A part of me wants to venture out, but the other part still fears it.

"When did you get a new phone?" she asks.

"What?" I ask and she nods towards the counter where the latest iPhone lies. My old phone was the X which was years old. I groan knowing Cole and Alec must have taken my phone to extract information from it. Luckily, I have nothing on there and honestly, I'm happy they were nice enough to replace it. Not like I'll use it though because I'm sure it has a tracking device in there or something. "I felt like upgrading."

"So did you get plastic surgery on your face or did the guy have a beating kink?" Alice snorts teasingly. At least she's having trouble believing it's from sex and that slightly calms me. I don't want her thinking things that aren't true or at least things I don't think are true.

"Whatever you need to believe to stop questioning me about it," I huff.

"Someone's grumpy," she sighs. My stomach growls. "Someone's hangry actually."

"You're hilarious. Ha. Ha," I state rolling my eyes before I head over to the fridge to find something to eat.

"Okay, I'm heading out. Bye."