Staycation

Pairing: Loki x Single!Mom

Written: June 14th, 2021

Posted: June 14th, 2021

Warning: Some Swearing.

Word Count: 1,272

Author's Note: I feel like as a whole there should be a lot more single-parent Au's. Just my opinion, momma's need love too🤷‍♀️ Also this has quotes from Loki in it. Possible mini-series???

Summary: The reader is burdened with the glorious purpose of watching over Loki.

"What are we supposed to do with reindeer games, over there?" Tony questioned as he vaguely nodded in the direction Loki was standing

"I can hear you." Loki hissed crossing his arms along his chest. Rolling his eyes he was unimpressed with Tony's snarky comments.

Sighing to yourself, you rolled your eyes. "Why can't he stay here in the tower?" You quipped while raising an eyebrow. "You know, where it's secure.."

"She's got a point, Tony." Bruce chimed in glancing at Tony expectantly.

"Nonsense." Thor's voice boomed. "He shall stay here with us." He clapped Loki on the shoulder.

"See!" You exclaimed pointing in their direction. "My point exactly!"

"I don't even know why we're talking about this." Bruce groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose as he let out a loud huff.

"Because he can't be trusted." Tony shrugged.

Scoffing you shook your head. Glancing at your watch, you had to leave.

"As much as I'd hate to leave this..." Your voice trailed off as you gathered your belongings before standing up. "Heated conversation, I have to go."

"Saved by the bell," Bruce spoke only loud enough for you to hear. Sharing a quiet laugh, you began leaving the room.

"I got it!" Tony exclaimed as he slapped his hands on the table.

The loud sound causing you to jump slightly. Turning to face him, you raised an eyebrow at him as you crossed your arms along your chest.

"Got what exactly?"

"Why doesn't reindeer games stay with you?"

Your jaw fell slack as soon as the words left his lips. Opening and closing your mouth like a fish out of water, you felt yourself at a loss for words. The room fell silent as soon as the words had been spoken. While you felt as if all eyes were on you. Quickly glancing at Loki, he held an expression that you couldn't quite recognize. Softness? Want?

"Tony, can I speak to you for a moment?" You hissed, crossing your arms along your chest.

"Why don't-"