Sleep Tight

Pairing: Loki x Fem!Reader

Written: July 1st, 2nd, 2021

Posted: July 2nd, 2021

Warning: Mentions of Anxiety, Mention of Bar.

Word Count: 1,360

Summary: Jealousy strikes again

The roaring of the room around you was overwhelming

The roaring of the room around you was overwhelming. Most of the team had considered the last mission to be one of failure, while you remained positive and thought it was a success, with none of the team members gravely injured.

Sitting at the table, you gazed around the bar. Steve and Tony were playing darts while Bruce and Bucky sat at a nearby table laughing at Tony's missed throws.

Natasha was sitting in front of you while Wanda was beside you, about of the enamored in a discussion about the upcoming mission. Thor and Loki sat at the front bar, in a deep discussion.

Gazing at Loki, you couldn't stop yourself from thinking how handsome he looked. Catching your staring, you attempted to dart your eyes back towards the group playing darts. Your cheeks began heating up as your stomach fluttered.

The sound of Natasha chuckling in front of you caught your attention.

"What's so funny?" You leaned back against your chair crossing your arms along your chest, as you tilted your head slightly.

Lifting her eyes to yours, she held your gaze seemingly boring into your soul. Shivering slightly, you cleared your throat as you began shifting in your chair.

"Oh, nothing." Natasha taunted. She brought her gaze back to her drink. Stirring the straw, she studied the movements as if it was the most important thing in the world. "Just, you and Loki." She smirked glancing back up to your eyes.

With widened eyes, you felt your heart skip a beat. Your jaw falling open slightly, as you felt your mouth become insanely dry. As your mind raced a million miles, you furrowed your eyebrows together staring at the table in front of you.

"There's no... Us."

Scoffing, you glanced up in time to see Natasha roll her eyes. "Maybe not right now..."

Frowning, you opened and closed your mouth before deciding against any argument you had. Letting out a huff, you groaned internally.

"You wouldn't be bothered if I told you, G.I. Jane is trying to make moves on him?"

Placing your elbows on the table, you leaned forward silently challenging her. Holding your eyes, she raised an eyebrow at you, wordlessly urging you to look. A pit began forming in your stomach the longer you stared at her allowing your mind to form assumptions. Biting the inside of your lip, you sighed. A sly smirk began forming on Natasha's lips.