Chapter 2

"Did you get the new uniform yet?" Dream asked Sapnap who was sitting on his bed.

"Yeah, I can't believe they're gonna make us wear this forever!" He ruffles his hair aggressively, making his headband slightly crooked. Dream lets out a chuckle, shaking his head.

"Too bad George left so quickly, we could've hanged more," Dream said, he flopped onto the bed, bamboo crumbs scattered on his sheets making it very uncomfortable. He turned his head to see Sapnap looking at him, "What?" Sapnap blinked twice before responding, "I noticed your knee. Did you get into another fight?" 

Dream paused for a moment, "Yeah..." Sapnap's frown then turned into a smirk, "Let me guess, Techno?" Dream let out a tired sigh before nodding. The panda beside him let out a laugh, "It's funny to me how you guys manage to fight at least every week," He finished laughing and turned back to Dream, "You really need friends." The snake sat up on the bed and faced his friend, "I have you, and George too I guess..."

Sapnap stood up from the bed and turned to look at him with a sad look on his face, "Yeah, and only us. Dream, every time I hear people talking about you, it- it's not good things. You're known as the fighter of this school, but the Dream I know is a lover..." He walked over to his friend, reaching his hands behind his head, and unclipped the mask to uncover his face.

"You're beautiful Dream, and I hope you see that one day." His hands moved from the back of his head to cupping his friend's cheeks. Dream holds Sapnap's hands, "Thank you," he smiles and puts his hands down, "Not a problem, want to keep playing?" the other agrees and grabs his controller.

8:00 PM

"Bye Sapnap!" Dream said as he put on his mask,

He rushed over to give Dream one last bear hug, then letting him go, "See you at school tomorrow!" His friend waves and slowly closed the door.

Dream quickly walked home, opening the door, and was immediately greeted with a ball of fur rubbing up against his leg. "Patches!" He crouches down to pick her up, cradling her like a baby.

He heads towards the kitchen, seeing his mom eating dinner with a plate at the other end of the table. Putting Patches down, he sat down where his plate was. "So how was school today?" She asked looking up from her plate, "It was interesting..." he replied, scooping up some curry. 

His mother hummed in response, not really paying attention to what he said. 

Dream grumbled something along the lines of 'Why ask when you're not even listening.'

"So how was your day?" He asked, scooping another spoon of curry,

"It was okay, just another day at work." She smiled as she was typing on her phone, she had already finished her curry.

He quickly finished his own plate, standing up and taking both of their plates to the sink for washing. "Oh yeah, your shedding is gonna start in a week. Don't forget like last time, okay?" Dream felt his cheeks flush, remembering that his skin had felt rough lately. 

"Okay..." He finished washing their plates, grabbing the towel on the kitchen counter, drying his hands.

"Don't be embarrassed, soon your skin will be baby soft." She rubbed her hands together softly with a smile. Dream let out a chuckle, feeling his face flush even more as he walked upstairs to take a shower.

9:00 PM

(ok- to make this easier for me I'll switch to Dream's POV-)

I sat on my green bed, placing my mask on the desk beside me. I grab my phone to see if I got any new notifications while drying my hair with a towel.