Chapter 13

Dream entered the library, realizing he didn't ask Wilbur where they were going to meet. He decided to just wing it and began walking towards the area where they first met. As he walked, he thought about how

As he turned the corner, he could see Wilbur and Fundy sitting at the table. "Wilbur! Fundy! Hey guys-" Dream cut himself off as he saw another person at the table.

A certain someone with long, soft pink hair.

"And where's my hello, Smiles?" The pinkette asked.

"Hello to you, Techno." Dream said with a (seemingly) calm tone.

The two stared at each other for a moment, not really sure how to react.

Fundy let out a nervous chuckle, "Well, Dream come and sit down, we saved a spot for you!" The fox hybrid said, patting the seat beside him. The blond nodded and sat down next to him, placing his tray onto the table.

"Wilbur, you didn't tell me Techno was gonna be here," Dream commented, trying his best not to sound rude.

"Is there a problem with that, smiley? I just want to have lunch with My brother and his uh- son." Techno said before Wilbur could open his mouth. Wilbur elbowed Techno, "Sorry about that! I hoped you wouldn't mind, though it was kind of last minute," Wilbur said, chuckling nervously.

"It's fine, It's not too much of a bother." Dream said, looking down at his tray of food.

"So, how's your day going so far, Dream?" Fundy asked as he picked up his pizza, "Eh, so far so good. Nothin' too big for me."

"Well, I'm not surprised," Techno started, "Mr. Bi-con said that the classes won't be giving too many hard projects or assignments because of Mr. Schlatt." He said, taking a bite out of his carrots.

"Mr. Bi-con? Are you talking about the new teacher Mr. Eret?" Wilbur asked, glancing at Techno. The pinkette simply nodded, taking another bite out of his food.

"Great, I'm glad the other teachers know that his main goal is to torture us." Dream said, picking up his glass of water.

.

"So, Dream, we didn't exactly get a nice and, uh, proper introduction but I would like to start over." Fundy said, scratching the back of his head.

The fox cleared his throat, "I'm Fundy and uh, as you see, I'm a fox hybrid and I'm in the same year as you!" Fundy said with a cheerful smile.

Dream let out a soft chuckle, "Hi, Fundy. I'm Dream, I'm a green mamba and it's very nice to meet you," Dream said. Though he wore a mask, it was obvious that he was smiling.

Fundy looked away, his head hanging as he stared at his food tray. He was fiddling with his fingers and his tail was curled up against the chair's leg.

Wilbur let out a chuckle while Techno simply made a 'tsk' and rolled his eyes before going back to his food.

---

The four talked for a bit, the room atmosphere easing with the two 'rivals'. Discussing about the topics of school or plans for the week. Though it wasn't exactly obvious, Techno was darting glares at Fundy every once and a while.

"So, Dream. Techno told me you're coming over tomorrow to work on the project for Mr. Schlatt?" Wilbur asked, pushing his tray of food away from him.

"Yeah, I am coming over. Why? Does Techno need to clean his room or something?" Dream said with a small grin behind his mask, pushing his tray away from him.

"The hell is that supposed to mean, Dream?" The pinkette challenged, giving the blond a deadly stare.

"I dunno, I just think someone like you would leave your room like a pigs pen." Dream said with a sly smile.

Techno chuckled. "Don't come at me when your room looks like a complete trash dump."

"Please, what are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb, your room was mess, not to mention you looked like a complete mess too. Not even making yourself look presentable when guests come over." Techno said, leaning back on his chair.

"One, I was shedding. Two, why the hell do I need to look presentable around someone with the likes of you?"

The two kept bickering with one another, just arguing for the hell of it, forgetting about the other two who sat awkwardly at the table with them.

---

Finally, the bell rang.

Wilbur stood up with Fundy, quickly saying their goodbye's and explaining that they have class together.

Fundy was practically being dragged by Wilbur, "See you guys! Bye Dream-" Fundy quickly said before he turned the corner.

Dream was the first to stand up out of the two, he picked up his tray and started walking away.

"You ain't waiting for me, Smiley?" Techno said, picking up his tray.

"Eh, we'll see if you can keep up!" Dream said before bolting towards the exit of the library. They were gonna be late if they walked anyways, so why not run?

Dream ran down the hall towards the cafeteria. The halls were mostly empty, maybe a student or two that happened to get in the same hallway with a hog and snake. Dream glanced behind him to see a pink blur running as fast as him, maybe even faster.

Dream saw a cart standing in front of the cafeteria doors, he quickly slid his tray into it before the last minute bell rang. He began to run a bit slower, trying to calm himself down before entering the classroom.

The blond stopped in front of the classroom door, panting a bit before seeing Techno pant beside him. "Looks like I win, piggy." Techno let out a low chuckle that sent shivers down Dream's spine, "This time you won, I won't let it happen again."

"Whatever you say," Dream said before entering the classroom with Techno behind him.

"Just on time, the two of you sit down." The teacher said as the bell rang.

The duo sat down, feeling a bit sore after that race.

Though we know that the two wished they would do it again sometime in the future.

---

e͓̽

---

-- Thank you for reading and please vote! --