Chapter 25

"My Nikki! You look even more stunning than ever in that dress," Wilbur complimented as Nikki hopped into the passenger seat beside Wilbur.

Just before they had arrived to Nikki's house to pick her up, the brunette had forced Techno to sit in the back. 

-

"Wilbur what are you doing?" Techno asked when he stopped the car.

"Techno, my dear brother, you're going to be sitting in the back seat."

"Heh? Why?"

"I wish to be facing my dreams, of course,"

"You should be looking at the road."

Wilbur grinned "Brother don't be like that, and if anything... you should be looking at your Dream too." The spirit has said with a smirk.

Speechless, Techno got out of the front seat and quickly made his way to the back.

———

"We're heree!" Wilber sang. He got out of the driver's seat and opened Nikki's door, walking her out of the car as a true gentleman should.

"Lil' bro? You coming?"

Techno sat frozen in the back, now unsure if he should go to the dance. His anxiety took over his body, leaving him still in the backseat of the car.

Should he just leave?
What if it's a lot worse than he imagined?
What would Dream think if he saw him looking like this—

"Dream! Hello! And hello Sapnap and Karl!" Wilbur greeted as the trio came on over to the car.
Techno froze, looking out the window to spot Dream.

The blond wore a cute white button-up shirt with long sleeves that he wore with black jeans and black dress shoes. Though the tie he wore pulled everything together with his signature color: green.
Of course, Dream wore his white slightly-cracked smiley mask with the clothes he wore which did agitate the pinkette.

"Where's Techy?" Dream asked, looking around.
On cue, Techno opened the door and stepped out of the car.

"There you are— oohh.. looking flashy Tech," Dream said as he walked over to greet the other, eyeing him up and down.

"Like what you see, Smiles?" He teased, taking a hand to ruffle the blond's hair.

"Oh shut it. C'mon, let's get some food and drinks. I do not wanna watch these couples get together." Dream gestured to the two couples behind him, making a gagging noise before snickering quietly.

"I agree, let's get out of here." Techno began to walk into the gym where the main event was held.

Greeted with loud and booming music, Dream nervously curled his long tail closer to his body, in fear of someone stepping on it. He anxiously looked around, spotting different classmates and peers that were in his classes. Techno peeked over at the blond, quickly noticing their nervous expressions even if they were covered up by that smiling mask.

"...You good??" the pinkette asked.

"Ah- sorry, just a bit nervous, I guess," he mumbled in response.

God, could he get any cuter?

"Yeah... well, c'mon. Let's grab some food and drinks and we can leave this building, maybe go over to the outdoor picnic tables?" Techno asked as he pointed to the long table that held all the food.