Chapter 14

Dream's POV

---

I walked out of the last class of the day, making my way through the crowded halls to my locker.

"Hey, Dreamy!"

I turn around to see my dear friend, Sapnap, walk up beside me.

"Hey, how's it goin'?" I ask

"Nothin' much for me, but I hear you and Mr. Blade are gonna go to his place," Sapnap said, wrapping his arm around my neck.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go to his place to work on the project,"

"I swear someone's trying to set you up with him, it's like the two of you are in like some sort of story!" Sapnap said in a dramatic voice, trying his best to contain his laughter.

I laughed, wheezing at the end. "Dude- don't joke about stuff like that-"

"Can you blame me?" He paused, thinking for a moment, "Now that I think about it, the two of you wouldn't look so bad with each other," Sapnap said, giving me a smirk.

I immediately stopped laughing and looked at the ravenette in disbelief, feeling my body become unexpectedly hot. "I hope you're joking-" I said, speeding up.

As I walked away, I heard Sapnap laughing behind me. "I'll see you tomorrow!" He yelled as I strolled away.

---

I exited the school building, the afternoon sunlight blinding me for a second. I recovered and scanned the school's front yard for a certain pinkette.

"Dream!"

I jerked my head to see Wilbur waving me over, Techno and Fundy stood beside him, Fundy excitedly waving as well. I paced over to the group, "Hey guys!"

Techno had no reaction whatsoever and instead leaned back onto a tree, sighing deeply as he looked away. I roll my eyes and let out a playful 'tch', greeting the other two that were there.

"And where's my hello, Techy?" I taunt, using his words from before.

His pointed ears perked up and he jerked his head towards me, he cringed at the nickname and looked me up and down. He then scoffed, "Hello, Smiles." he said with a grin.

I look back at Wilbur and Fundy, satisfied with my hello from him.

"Alright, I'll say goodbye to Fundy and then we could go," Wilbur said before facing the ginger.

"You don't need to do that-" Fundy said with an embarrassed look before laughing.

"Oh? Is my baby boy growing up to where he doesn't need a goodbye from his father?" Wilbur teased, and the two began to laugh together.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'll see you tomorrow 'kay?"

"Alright, 'dad'," Fundy turned his head towards me, "Nice meeting you again, Dream. Hope to see you again soon!" Fundy waved before walking towards the school gates. Wilbur wiped a fake tear from his face, "He's all grown up!" I laughed, letting a small wheeze escape my body.

"Are you ready?" Techno asked with a hint of impatience in his voice.

"We're ready dear brother," Wilbur said. Techno stood up and began to walk away, me and Wilbur trailing behind him.

---

"Does your mother know that you're coming to our place?" Wilbur asked as we walked along the sidewalk.

"Yeah, I told her this morning," I answered, "Your house is surprisingly not that far from us, I know we go to the same school but it's surprisingly close," Wilbur stated, throwing his hands behind his head as he looked up at the sky.