Bad People

~Blake~

Everyone was scrambling around the pack-house when I finally arrived.

"Hey, what's happening?" I asked to anyone who was willing to listen, which no one was. I sighed as I forced my way through the chaos to find a familiar face.

"Blake, glad you could make it. Did you pack?" Penelope asked hurriedly as she picked up two bags and started walking.

I quickly caught up to her, "No, I left as soon as Raven texted me. Where are we going?"

"Mexico." She stated before she snapped her fingers and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Michael, why are you packing goggles?" Bea asked as she pulled them out of his bag.

"What if we go swimming??" He asked frantically. "Oh no, I forgot sunscreen." He stated before before zooming past me.

"We don't use sunscreen!" Bea yelled before she turned into a blur and chased after him.

I stood there bewildered as I tried to comprehend everything that was happening.

"He's a nervous packer." Sophia clarified with a laugh. "He packed snow pants when we went to Florida a few years ago."

"Why were you going to Florida?" I questioned.

"He wanted to go to Disney World." She shrugged before her eyes widened. "Sorry, he just mind-linked me asking if we needed to bring our TV." She sighed before chasing after them, leaving me alone again.

I sighed as I pushed myself through the crowd and walked toward the library.

As expected, it was virtually empty and the only people in it were Raven, Raymond, and his boyfriend Oliver packing various books.

"Raven, what's happening?" I asked as I approached them. 

"Didn't I text you?" She asked as she checked her phone.

I sighed. "Yeah, my phone might be in a ditch right now."

She raised her eyebrows at me before shaking her head. "Tori and people got back a few minutes after you left and explained how they knew exactly where Elizabeth was hiding out. Originally, we were going to make a plan and leave next week, but Tori was very adamant about leaving immediately, hence the chaos." She explained.

"Wait, how many people are going?" I asked as I watched Raymond and Oliver pack books.

"God, I don't know. A lot. I'm still getting used to how many people are here." She sighed. "If Elizabeth is where we think she is, she'll have hundreds of vampires with her and who knows how many rogues, so we can't risk taking too little people."

"And how are we going to get everyone there?" I continued to question.

"We're taking Markus' private jet so we can scope the area and connect with the wolf pack that's based down there, while everyone else is going to have to drive." Raymond explained.

"But we don't know if they're going to be willing to fight with us." Raven clarified. "They're taking us in because Penelope is friends with their luna, but this technically isn't their fight, so we're not expecting them to."

"I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it." I mumbled. "When are we leaving?" I asked.

She checked her watch, "15 minutes."

"Shit, I need to pack." I stated as I quickly turned toward the exit of the library. I've taken half of my closet from home to my room here over the months. It's probably not enough for how long we'd be gone, but it'll have to do.