CHAPTER-1: Pilot

CHAPTER-1: Pilot

"Ma'am? May I come in?" she heard a feeble voice from outside her office.

"Yes! You may come in Shelly." she said in a curt...or rather busy voice.

"Ma'am, your coffee" said Shelly.

"Thanks hon'! Now hand it over to me and leave! Quick!" she said.

She took the cup of coffee from her assistants' tiny hands without even sparing a look at the poor frightened little being.

"Ugh!!" she cried with disgust.

"What is this Shelly? I give you one thing to do and you just can't do it right, can you? One cup of coffee, not sweetened - that's what I asked for, and you brought me an extra sweetened cafe latte! Just get out of my sight before I have any thoughts of firing you!"

"I'm so sorry madam. I didn't mean to upset you." muttered Shelly as her voice trembled while she spoke.

They heard the door open.

"Oh Shelly sweety! Are you in trouble again? Is Samantha taking her anger out on you, again? Go grab some lunch...and don't worry, I'll handle it." said the woman who entered into Samanthas' office.

"Seriously Anna? Are you really on Shellys' side? Again? That girl is driving me crazy. Don't be surprised if you see me ending up in a mental asylum across the street." said Samantha feeling cheated while her BFF sided by her clumsy assistant.

"Oh come on Sam! Don't be mean. Let the girl have a life! And plus - you're just twenty - three years old...so you try to enjoy life too and don't talk to Shelly like an old, grumpy military officer, okay?" said Annabell while she enjoyed the whole conversation she was having with her "oh-so-serious" best friend.

Anna looked around Sams' office and threw herself on the couch in the corner of the huge and swanky room.

She grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl that looked beautiful on top of the table on her left and took a bite into it while staring at Sam.

Sam knew that gaze! It was how Anna would stare at Sam whenever she was up to something. She knew that stare in seconds as they had known each other almost all their lives.

"What are you up to Anna? I know that look" said Samantha, her eyes - narrowing with doubt.

"What look? What do you mean Sam? I'm not up to anything....anything at all" smiled Annabell, tyring to hide something.

"What's your DIABOLICAL PLAN, Anna? Just spit it out!" 

"Okay fine! But first promise me that you won't get mad...no matter whatever I'm gonna say to you now!" asked Anna while offering some water to Sam, hoping she wouldn't choke at what she was going to say next.

"I am hosting a party to which you are duly invited" said Anna.

"So? What's the big deal in that Anna?" asked Sam in a happy....rather peaceful tone as her best friend had not thrown another bomb at her.....but that peace was not gonna last any longer.

"The deal is - I'm throwing a party at your house...to which you are invited. Don't freak out! I've just invited a few friends over." said Anna, hoping that the word few could take Sams' pain away.

Anna was right...Sam did choke and the water she was sipping got spilled on her expensive suit.