CHAPTER-7: Every girl doesn't fall for superman!

She realised in that moment that it wasn't Annabell, her best friend she was holding on to and cuddling all along...it was some hunk who had his grip firmly on her waist, preventing her from falling! She was frail and still recovering from the head trauma that made her feel that her brains had split into two....but this was worse.

Samantha the feminist, holding on to some stranger in order to support her weakened frame and prevent a freefall....that wasn't her. She tried to pull herself back with all her strength...but, of course she couldn't. Not until Alex realised that she was fighting him, in a weird way, and laid her head softly back onto her pillow.

This annoyed her more than anything...maybe even more than the guy who'd pushed her into the swimming pool...and because of whom she had to take so much trouble. Little did she know that both of them were the same guy - Alex....or maybe she did take notice, but she went back to sleep again as she was on sedatives.

Anna returned with the doctor in the meanwhile just to find Sam back in her bed, looking like a little angel and even snoring a bit...only Anna knew that she was snoring, as it sounded more like a little birdie chirping.

"Alex! What happened? Is she alright? Doc, I don't believe it! She was awake a minute ago! That's why I called for you." Anna broke down and Alex, by her side comforting her in his oh-so-charming way which any girl would fall for...but Alex was like a brother to her, always by her side when she was troubled - a true rock-solid support. Sam here, was dreaming of the "hot stranger"...but to her, he wasn't hot after all...he was just an annoyingly strong chauvinist who, according to her, believed that women are 'frail and submissive' and need help from 'handsome hunks' like him.

He literally challenged Sam's ideals of feminism. She was disgusted, exhausted and felt insulted at being proved to be weaker than Alex...though nobody was out to prove anything. Alex, on the other hand was all in awe of Sam and even volunteered to stay up all night and keep a check on her so that Anna could catch up on some sleep in the meanwhile. Sam wasn't used to such good behaviour and at first thought that Alex wanted to throw Sam out of his way so that he could make friends with Anna. But Sam's highly dramatical, calculative and extemely sceptical mind couldn't make out what the real deal was - Alex adored Sam and genuinely wanted to get to know her...more and more, once she woke up.