CHAPTER-17: The love at first flight!

"And why am I supposed to stay put in New York City while you're going to Germany to save your dad from mafias, or thieves or his own crazy alter ego that's making him spend a whole lot of money on pedicures...maybe?" said Annabell, who was helping Sam with her packing. 

Clearly, Anna was in distress and would have chewed her nails out in her free time if she wasn't interrupted by a phone call from Alex, who was waiting outside in his car for Sam.

"And why is Alex going with you? You know that the guy has a crazy crush on you right? So don't do anything stupid okay?" said Anna, hugging Sam and handing the suitcase to her.

"Anna, you can't feel responsible for every single missing piece of my life. I've got to figure some things out myself while you, my dear friend, will go back to concentrating on your career and finding some straight, hot guys to date in the fashion industry!" smiled Sam, as she spoke, reassuring Anna that she would be fine.

The girls had a moment as they hugged each other and then Sam went out the door with her things as Anna watched. Both of them had tears in their eyes.

Alex came out of the car when he saw Sam, who was weeping, a bit. He opened the car door for Sam to get in, which baffled the driver who was going to get the door for her. Sam sat inside the car as Alex sat beside her. She had a little napkin with which she wiped her face, before Alex could see the tears roll out on her cheeks.

"Are you alright?" asked Alex, gently leaning towards her.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Thanks. It's just so chilly outside!" said Sam as she lied to Alex on his face. Alex knew it anyway, but he chose to ignore it. He valued true friendship as much as she did. So he didn't mind if Sam lied to him for a friend.

"That's your private plane?" asked Sam, as Alex was taking her suitcase out of the car, which baffled the driver, again.

"Yeah! I'd asked for a bigger and better one, but last moment arrangements got me this one " said Alex, looking at Sam and trying to figure out what she thought about it.

"A bigger one? Seriously? Alex, this plane alone can seat a thousand people!" said Sam while Alex still tried to figure out whether that was a compliment or not.

Sam hurriedly took the seat by the window, while there were a hundred such seats, but she chose the one which was at a safe distance from Alex.

They were offered the best of drinks and delicacies by the prettiest of air hostesses, some of whom even gave a shot at flirting with Alex. Sam was disgusted when she saw the pretty ladies drooling all over him and spilled her drink on her shirt.

"Great! Just great!" she cried as she went to the ladies room with a change of clothing in her hands that Anna had quickly put into her handbag for use in case of emergencies.

She came out of the ladies room and sat straight back on her seat. Alex saw her. He was speechless.

Her hair was a rich shade of mahogany. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Long curly locks of dark brown hair hung loose down her back , grazing her tailbone.  Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were hazel brown and seemed to brighten the world. A straight nose, full luscious lips - she seemed the picture of perfection. And the pretty little purple dress that she was wearing made her look all the more angelic.

She looked at him, her eyes full of boredom. He smiled and patted on the seat next to his, asking her to sit next to him. She patted on the seat next to hers with a smile that almost took his breath away. He picked the book that he was reading to take it with him as he went to sit next to her.