CHAPTER-6: The 'sweet mistake'

The Sun came up and shone over the city of New York, erasing away all the demons of the dark as it rose and brought warmth and joy for all. It looked like a bright red ball of fire that was shouting loudly that 'now is the time to wake up'.....and so she did.

She woke up! Sam was up and Anna couldn't believe her eyes! Sam was finally up...and talking....sort of. Sam tried to sit up and Anna hurriedly rushed to her bedside and helped her up like a caring and over-protective mother. She held Sams' face in her hands while Sam looked a bit dazed.

"Sammy? Honey, can you hear me?" asked Anna in a shaky voice.

Sam opened her mouth in order to speak, but she could barely mumble. "My head hurts! Anna." was all that she could manage to spit out of her mouth.

"It does? Sammy, wait here...I'll be right back with the doctor. Okay? You're gonna be okay Sammy! I promise!" cries Anna as she runs out of the room and the door closes with a thud.

Sam could not possibly make out what she saw as she could barely open her eyes...as if she could not handle all that light in the room. She heard the door open again, but softly this time.

She stretches her arms with all her strength in an attempt to grasp Annas' hand. She clings to that arm for support, thinking it is Anna....but it wasn't...it was him.

"Oh! Anna...I don't know why my head hurts so hard! Please make it stop!" she cried. She pulled him towards her thinking that it was Anna, rests her head on his shoulder and leans on him, waiting to be comforted, like how Anna would always do. He doesn't resist being pulled towards her, though he thinks for a moment or two, if that would be the right thing to do or not. But she looked like a rose in full bloom...with the blood in her cheeks making them turn dark pink, she looked so beautiful! Alex was so engrossed in her that he didn't particularly realise the chain of events....until when he had her in his arms. She felt at ease and in control while with him...until she hugged him tighter, just to realise that the Anna she knew, now had biceps and eight-pack abs!!! OOPS!!