CHAPTER-18: The German Holiday

"Morning sunshine!" she heard a warm and comforting voice from behind her.

"How long have I been asleep?" she asked.

"About an hour. Why?" he asked, sounding amused.

"Cause the flight itself is about two hours long. That means we're almost there." she said.

"Yup!" he smiled and held her by the shoulder while resting his chin on her head.

"Alex? Why are you sniffing my hair?" she asked as she looked at him.

"Look! We've reached!" he exclaimed, quickly trying to change the topic and escape from all the awkwardness.

They got down from the private jet just to see a driver waiting at the Munich Airport to pick them up. Sam was bored of her ravishingly boring life that had her transported everywhere in private vehicles. Alex knew that something was up with her.

They got into the car. Alex was looking at Sam who was looking out the window and admiring the beauty of the place.

"How far are we from Augsburg?" she asked the driver.

"Not very far, Madam." said the driver, in a very strange accent which was very hard to catch.

"What's wrong? You've sighed all throughout the trip. And we're not even there yet." said Alex, putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Alex." she said as she looked at him. He was so close to her, looking at her with his hypnotic eyes and his cute little smile that made her feel excited and comforted at the same time. His presence in itself made it hard for her to concentrate on what she was going to say.

"It's...it's nothing! Just a bit of a jet lag I think" she said, looking away from him.

After a long and rather silent travel in a car which could accommodate noisy wild crowds that would take the disco with them wherever they would go, the car stopped.

"Why are we stopping?" asked Sam in a rather put out tone.

"It's the car Madam. I think it needs repair." said the driver, checking the fuel tank.

"You think it needs repair? Since when do drivers think anything?" would have been her immediate reply, but she just sat there with her arms crossed waiting for the driver to get the car rolling again.

Alex was going through some magazines that were kept in the car and then he suddenly sprung from his seat. Sam got startled and started laughing.

"What are you doing all jumpy?" she said.

He just gave a shy grin and scratched the back of his head, which made Sam go cold in her toes.

"God! Why is he so gorgeous?" she thought and then began to fidget with her naturally perfect hair. She was busy thinking when Alex went out of the car. By the time she got out he had already crossed the bridge and was waving towards her from there.

"What are you doing?" Sam said angrily, but her voice didn't reach him. So she shouted even louder, yet it wasn't of much use. Then suddenly her phone began to vibrate. She took it out from the side pocket of her jeans. It was a text from Alex that read "Don't worry. Trust me. Be right back. Alex."

She hit the car door in anger, which closed with a thud. She was stranded in the middle of a forest with a million dollar non functioning car, alone. The driver had already left them to get somebody to repair the car from the city. So she sat in the car and waited, because that was all that she could do at that point of time.

She began to read the magazine that was kept on Alex's seat. She wanted to know what was Alex reading that got him so excited. Her curiosity was piqued!