Part 2

Within a few moments he started to feel sleepy. His head and eyelids started to feel heavy. In no time he fell into deep slumber.

__________________________________

Krishna smiled apologetically seeing this and said 'Sorry Dau, it is the only way to save myself from mothers' wrath.'

Later that day when Yashoda and Rohini came back home and entered kitchen, they were shocked will be an understatement. They were downright furious because someone broke all the pots and also ate all the makhan meant for Narayan puja. They went out to find the culprit, but they found him very soon.

Balram was woken up from his slumber by a piercing pain in his ear and it took him sometime to understand that it was his mother, Rohini who had his ear in a piercing gap and Yashoda was standing a few feet across looking disappointed at him. He was completely confused.

Balram 'What happened maa? Why are you both angry? And maa please leave my ear it is paining now.'

Rohini 'Paining it should pain. And why we are angry? It is because of you. Look at yourself in the mirror and you will understand.'

Balram looked at the mirror confusedly but then he understood what happened. He was completely covered in makhan. Now everything became clear to him. Krishna coming to him, Krishna bringing him here and the juice. Before he got lost in thinking his ways to get revenge, Rohini twisted his ear more painfully and Balram shouted unable to bear the pain. Rohini's ear twisting was always more painful than Yashoda's.

'Maa it was not me it was Kanha.' Balram tried to tell them the truth but none of them believed him.

Yashoda 'How can Kanha do this? He is grazing the cows and you also have makhan in your face. Very bad Balram.'

Balram was shocked not because he was scolded but because she called him Balram. Yashoda has always called him Bal. Deep down he was a bit hurt. But nothing could have prepared him for the next words.

Rohini 'How the hell could I give birth to such a sinner. You have committed a great sin by eating the makhan made for Narayan. I don't know what Narayan saw in you that you were transferred into my womb from Devaki's womb. Had you died this would not have happened.'

She stopped to take a breath. Unfortunately, none of them saw the tear that tricked down Balram's cheek. He was heartbroken and hurt. He could not believe that someday his own mother will wish his death.

Rohini 'See Yashoda, I told you that Kanha is innocent and it was this idiot over here who does all the mischiefs and we blame poor Kanha for the mistakes that he never did. They were all his works, I am sure.'

Yashoda 'Why Balram did you do all this? My poor son'

She started crying. Rohini tried to console her but Balram was totally detached. Only her words 'I don't know what Narayan saw in you that you were transferred into my womb from Devaki's womb. Had you died this would not have happened' were roaming in his mind.

Miles away in the meadow Someone else too felt a pain in his chest. He was none other than our Kanha. He immediately understood that something terrible has happened to his dau. He in an instant ran towards his home.

Yashoda got superb angry seeing his unresponsive form. She thought that he was again trying to think something by which he could put the blame on Krishna. She went forward and tried to slap him on the face. Key word tried. Before her hand could touch his face another hand hold her hand in a strong yet gentle grip with affirm voice saying 'Don't you dare.'

And it was

That is for next update. A cliffhanger. Do let me know in the comments how much did you like it and what impact you think Rohini and Yashoda's words will have on Balram. Also tell me who do you think the person is.

Until next time

Peace.