Let's play cops (SO01EP06. PTII)

''Oh, my God. Sam.'' A blonde woman gasped as she opened the door the three hunters were standing in front of. She looked to be the same age as Dean. Her hair was straight and quite long as it hung over her shoulders. She had a wide grin on her face as her eyes seemed to lit up. She was not even paying attention to either Dean or (Y/N).

''Well, if it isn't little Becky.''

''And you know what you can do with that 'little Becky' crap.'' she laughed before pulling Sam into a hug he accepted. The two of them must've really known each other back in Sam's college days since Becky hadn't stopped smiling since opening the door even tho her brother was being accused of murder. She seemed genuinely happy to see the youngest Winchester again.

''I got your e-mail''

''I didn't think that you would come here,'' Rebecca answered in disbelieve. Before Dean stepped in front of his brother to offer 'Becky' a hand, there was a brief silence.

''Dean. Older brother.'' He smiled as they shook hands.

''(Y/N). I'm a friend'' The female hunter smiled, which Becky returned to her.

''Hi, Rebecca Warren.'' She smiled.

''We're here to help. Whatever we can do'' Sam explained. Rebecca nodded and motioned for the three of them to step inside. Sam followed Rebecca into the home. Dean and (Y/N) enhanced some glances finding it odd they were ignored by both Sam and Rebecca before they also stepped into the house as Dean closed the door behind them. The house wasn't small. There was quite the entrance hall with a spiralling staircase leading up to the second floor.

''Nice place,'' Dean complimented Rebecca as they wandered through the house full of knick-knacks and antique looking vases presented in glass cabinets.

''It's my parents. I was just crashing here for the long weekend when everything happened. I decided to take this semester off. I'm gonna stay until Zach's free.'' Rebecca spoke while leading the three hunters into the kitchen.

''Where are your folks?''

Rebecca sighed before answering Sam's question. ''They live in Paris for half of the year... So they are on their way home now for the trial. Do you guys want a beer or something?'' She asked as she stopped in front of the fridge.

Dean's eyes lit up. He was finally getting at least something out of this detour he was forced to take. ''Hey!'' He exclaimed happily.

''No thanks,'' Sam answered while looking at his brother, who immediately got less excited. Sam leaned over the kitchen island the four of them had circled around. ''So, tell us what happened.''

''Well... Zach, he came home, and he found Emily tied to a chair. She was beaten up and bloody, and she wasn't breathing, and so he-'' Rebecca swallowed, her eyes started to water. ''He called nine-one-one and the police, they showed up and- And they arrested him. But the thing is, the only way that Zach could have killed Emily is if he was in two places at the same time.'' This piqued the brother's interest as Dean, Sam and (Y/N) exchanged glances. ''The police, they have a video. It's from the security tape from across the street, and it shows Zach coming home at ten-thirty. Now, Emily was killed just after that, but I swear, he was here with me having a few beers until at least after midnight.'' Rebecca insisted, her voice getting a little louder as she hit the kitchen counter to emphasise.

''You know, maybe we could see the crime scene; Zach's house,'' Sam asked as Dean agreed.

''I mean, why? What could you do?''

''Well, me, not much. But Dean's a cop and (Y/N) here, she's-''

''Yea, I'm an intern.'' (Y/N) cut Sam off, smiling as sympathetically towards Rebecca as she could. One day they both of them will be the interns, and she will have the last laugh. Dean let out a chuckle because of the unsuspected lie.