'Nightmares' (S01EP1. pt II)

"Stop it!" A scream ripped from your lips.

You were was lying on your back in bed, and this horrible feeling had started in your chest a couple of seconds ago. It was an intense pain like something was clawing at it, but you couldn't see the thing that was doing it. Looking down, you could see blood seeping through the once white fabric of your pyjama shirt. You were horrified as the tears that had been sitting in the corners of your eyes started to stream down your horrified face. "Please, stop!" you yelled again, as painful screams filled the room. Closing your eyes, you hoped it would all just go away. For a second it did, but then the clawing at your chest had warped into the feeling of something digging into it, and your eyes snapped open at the sudden impact.

You tried to look around to take in your surroundings, but your eyes hadn't adjusted to the darkness of the room just yet. You could feel a cold sweat had started to form on your shaking body while your heart was pounding painfully in your chest. You tried sitting up, feeling your chest tighten as you did so. You were rubbing your eyes, trying to wake yourself up entirely. Swinging your legs over the side of the bed, getting up as fast as you could muster you stumbled over to the bathroom in a drunken fashion. Turning on the light in the bathroom, you walked over to the sink, placing your hands on either side of the sink while hanging your head over it. You made sure to keep your gaze low, partly to slowly let your eyes adjust to the bright light of the bathroom lamp but also because you were afraid to look in the mirror, fearful of the image you would stare at when looking in the mirror. Praying to whatever might hear you that that was nothing but a dream and that the tightness in your chest was from the heavy pounding of your heart and that in meant nothing.

You tried to focus on evening out your fast and heavy breathing while gathering the courage to look in the mirror. After what felt like an eternity, you slowly lifted started to look up to check yourself in the mirror. When you finally looked at yourself, you let out low and annoyed groan, dragging your hands over your face. You looked horrible. You were relieved to see that your shirt was free of blood and that your chest was still in one piece but your face. Your poor face. It was pasty white except for the dark circles underneath your eyes which were red from the crying. The tears that had been rolling down your cheeks had to take some leftover mascara with them. Making you look even more like a ghost.

"Jezus, get a grip" you sighed, your voice was hoarse. You mustn't have only screamed in the dream. After using your voice, you noticed how dry your throat felt, you took the glass from the shelve above the sink and filled it with water, turning around so that you were leaning with your ass against the sink. You took a long and much-needed sip of the cool water while drinking you took a glance at the window and let out a gasp. You were still drinking so you inhaled some water making you cough loudly. Great, now even the sunrise is scaring you. Emptying your glass in the sink before putting it in its usual place you walked over to your nightstand. Images from your nightmare kept popping up in your head, and sometimes your chest still felt a little sore. You picked your phone off the nightstand, searching through the contacts before finding the number you were looking for and pressing the dial button hoping that he would pick up the phone. The phone rang for a while before a gravelly voice could be heard through the speakers.

"Hello?" Your heart started pounding again, were you nervous?

You swallowed. "Dean" You started, still sounding croaky. "It's (Y/N), I think I need your help" Dean was quiet for a while, and you were sure that you could hear two people talking in the background just now. "I am sorry, if this is not a good time then I can call you back-"

"No, it's fine. That was just Sam asking who I was talking to." Dean interrupted her.

"Sam? You're talking to Sam again?" You asked in disbelieve, the last time you heard them talk about each other, it sounded like a good thing that they weren't hanging out at that moment.