Chapter 1 - Sick Tian

Hi again, this is my first one! I hope you enjoy it, sorry if it's not great I'm not experienced with writing. By the way, the title Sick Tian doesn't involve his heart condition as his illness, he just has a cold and I just want to show how Phupha takes care of Tian and sweet moments I have imagined. 

---------------------------------------------------

Tian's POV 

"Achoo!" Ohh, there I go again. I hate having colds, and now's the worst time to have it, right while I need to mark the kids asses-" 

"ACHOO!" 

"- Assessments.." 

These are important, they'll be going off to a middle school close to our village soon and I want to be the best I can be while I still teach them. At least I still get to see them. I plan to run Clubs after they finished their day at school. Wow, it's only been a few years and they've grown so fast. I guess that's a bit cliché really, but there you have it. How I will miss them...

After the 100th time today, I sneeze again and have the urge to blow my nose. I get up to bring the box of tissues over to the small wooden table I'm marking the assessments, and realised I've used up both boxes. Awesome. I'll have to use toilet paper for now. I mean, I guess it's soft, right? But so are tissues. And I need tissues. 

I feel so tired. I wish I could get Phupha to bring me some, but I know he's busy with work so I don't want to bother him. I put a jacket on to keep me warm and a face mask to prevent spreading it and head to Doctor Nam's office to get a box of tissues for the meantime. I would go into town to get some, but I'm so drowsy I don't think I can manage. 

I'm not far from Doc Nam's and I hear faint sounds already coming through. It actually sounds like Phupha. I guess I could've expected that, as it's around lunch time and they usually eat together. I hear a giggle come from his office, followed by a slap sound, then an "OW!" then a "Don't be so dramatic!" come from the room. Doc Nam was probably teasing Phupha and he might of had enough of it. That explains the slap. 

I knock on the door and hear Nam say "Come in!" Rather happily, either from what he was laughing about earlier or he's trying to pretend like he didn't just get slapped. 

I open a small crack in the door and see Phupha and Nam sitting by Nam's office table having lunch. 

"Oh hi Tian!" Nam says, smiling ear to ear. On the other hand Phupha blushes a pinky colour and smiles sheepishly. 

I expect Nam was teasing Chief about me. 

"Hi" I wave slightly as they can't see me smile under my mask. 

"I was wondering if you had a spare tissue box I can have? I would go into the shops but I feel so groggy, I don't think I have the strength to." 

"I can go get some. I'm not too busy for the rest of the afternoon so I wouldn't mind going. Anything else? Like soup or something?" Chief says, his cheeks losing the last of the blush he had. 

Before I could reply, Nam pipes up - 

"Eyy, when I was ill you weren't as eager to get me stuff!" He puts a teasing grin on and this time I'm the one who's going red. It's not showing is it? 

"Ay Nam!" Chief mumbles. 

"Achoo!" 

"Bless you." Both Nam and Phupha say to me. 

"Oh, but Tian, do you want medication? Stuff for headaches and sinuses etc." 

"Oh yeah, maybe Paracetamol or something for headaches would be good. Thanks." I reply.