Chapter 4 - Could we have a child?

I don't know if the progress of these chapters are too fast, but I think I'll just space them out in between time spaces to keep what I write about entertaining and fun. Enjoy! 

------------------------------

Recently Phupha and I have been thinking about adoption. We have been together for long enough, and we don't plan to move away from the village. We've sorted most of what we want if we where to have a child together, or at least have options for it. 

I was thinking about where we would put the child to school. As I'm qualified to teach kids, I could do that until sending them off to a middle school that the village kids will be off to soon. The only disadvantages to that would be that they would be the only one I'd be teaching, and I want them to have friends, and good experience with people before moving to middle school. I think the best solution would be to find a primary school for them that's close by to the village, so they can have friends and experience with people. I'd need to look hard for the best one I can find though, I don't want them to go anywhere. 

I talked to Phupha about it and he thought I had a good point, and since it was a weekend and I have free time, I decided to start looking. I was on the little office computer for a while, and I hadn't found many schools, which wasn't really a surprise as this area is small. I had gathered about ten schools and I have them ready to show Phupha when he gets back. 

All the schools have good values, but one in particular stuck out to me. Wittayayon Primary. It's education levels amongst students are one of the highest in Pha Pun Dao, it's relatively close to our village, there are good review reports on it, and the star rating is highest overall. But one thing that stood out to me as well, was that this was the school attached to the one the village kids are going to, so it would be perfect for the child. To be honest I would've thought I could've guessed that, as the name is quite similar. 

I know my parents can always help us with the child, and of course the villagers are happy to help, knowing about the news. Nam seems even happier about the news, as he revealed his wife is pregnant, so I plan to talk to him about the school we choose if we have a child, or just to give him recommendations for his baby. 

********

"Nam?" I asked behind his office door. 

"I left the pickles near the fridge!" I heard him shout. Pickles? Wait what? 

"I looked a peek through the door and saw the doctor, face down on the table. Sleep talking. I used to do that, and god some things can be embarrassing. I'm praying I wont do it again though, I had medication to calm it but with my heart medication, I have to stop taking them, and I don't even want to remind myself of what I said to Phupha a few weeks ago... 

I walked in to wake him up, and he stretched his arms out and raised his head wryly before I needed to do anything. 

"Hmhh" He groaned before looking up to me. 

"Aow, Tian." He tilted his head towards mine and smiled, which I returned. 

"P' you seem tired. And you talked about pickles some seconds ago. Is everything alright?" 

"Pickles? Ohh, I say that a lot to my wife, she has pregnancy cravings, and she's on the mood for pickles at the moment. Haha, I guess I say it so much it comes in my sleep. But don't worry, I'm fine! Take a seat Tian, if you're able to stay?" 

I sat opposite the doctor and cleared my throat before speaking. 

"I found a good school  in Pha Pun Dao. I don't know if you've heard of it, but It's the one attached to the middle school the kids are going to next year."