Chapter 8 - School

Hiiiii, I'm back. Battling all the work I've got from school but I'll make a start to this chapter. I don't know how many of these I'll do, as I've got an idea for how it's going to end. But anyway, if you've got any ideas let me know and I'll try to write them. Enjoy the chapter! 

-----------

The dreaded time of all kids and teens. School. It was 8AM and Tian was staring out the window, looking at all the village kids leaving to get to their new middle school. Some looked nervous, some looked remotely happy, if you could say that about a child going to school. 

Phupha had already gone to work, which left Tian and Wat alone, getting ready for school. Tian had put on some simple clothes, and Wat was wearing his uniform, a polo shirt, jumper, shorts, little grey socks and tiny black shoes. 

"Are you ready for school?" Tian asked, adjusting his jumper. Wat looked at him, holding his stuffed toy Longtae gave him, who he liked most out of all. Wat nodded and smiled. 

"Why do I have to go to school?" Wat asked. 

"Because it gives you knowledge for things you will need in the future." 

"Like what?" 

"Geography is an example. Say you wanted to find a place on a map, or just know where it is in the world, they will teach you that." 

"Now?" Wat looked excited about that. 

"Maybe not yet, but I can teach you that if you're interested. I used to teach all the kids of the village. I'll hold clubs for them now after school and some on weekends." 

"Can I go?" 

"The things we'll learn might be too hard as they've learnt a lot up before this, but you can try some if I think you'll understand it?" 

"Oh, Ok!" 

"Lets head to school. It's about time." 

Tian is able to drive now, and Phupha left him the car so he can take Wat to school. Tian helped Wat into the child's seat and got himself into the car. 

"Try and make some friends today if you can, okay? If you don't then you have lots of time to, so don't worry about it too much." Tian tried to give his only son some advice, but he didn't know if it was really helpful. At least he's trying..

"It's important to listen to all your teachers, too." 

"Yeah, I know." Wat looked out the window, while Tian sniggered to himself over how Wat seemed so confident to start school. 

Tian thought to himself over what had happened over the last couple of years. A heart transplant, becoming a full-time teacher in a place he had never been to, meeting loads of new people and adapting to a new culture, finding a husband who he loved and loved him so so much, and getting his own child to love. He didn't notice how much time had passed and they arrived at the school.

"Are you ready to get to school?" Tian looked behind him smiling, Wat mirroring his sweet smile. 

Tian helped Wat out of the car, and took a photo of him smiling with his cute little school bag and his smart uniform. Wat looked ahead at the little school with rainbow gates and welcoming flowers in the grass. Tian held his hand out to Wat, who gently took it and went with Tian into the school. They followed a colourful corridor, filled with pictures and work kids had done the previous years. Wat was assigned to room 4, the door held open by a heavy teddy, and a young looking teacher, sitting at his desk, smiling and laughing with the other students that had already arrived.