Chapter 5 - Adoption (Part 1)

Hiii, I'm going to write the adoption in parts to make it more logical. This part is the adoption process, and part 2 will be actually finding a child and adopting them. I wont add any irrelevant chapters in between the 2 parts, I will continue that after.               Enjoy! 

---------

Tuesday, 3pm. 

Tian and Phupha where getting ready for the big appointment. They both dressed nicely, trembling their hands with nervousness. Tian seemed more nervous than Phupha though, he was at at the end of the bed bouncing his left leg up and down onto the creaky floor boards. Phupha sat by him, making the bed bounce a little and tried to comfort him by caressing his back and kissing his forehead lightly. 

"Don't be nervous, Tian. I'll be sat next to you through the whole thing, I'm sure we'll be fine." Phupha said reassuringly. Tian smiled at the man but changed to look startled as Phupha put his hand on his thigh to stop it from shaking. 

"Mm, I know." Tian replied. 

"Good. It makes my sad to see you nervous." Phupha said with a proud smile, Tian just blushing at his remark. 

"What will we do for another hour? We got ready too early." Said Tian. 

"Early is better than late though, umm... Should we go for a walk?" Said Phupha.

"Too sweaty." 

"Cook something?" 

"Too messy." 

"Read something?" 

"Too boring." 

"Um.. Oooh." Said Phupha. 

"Got an idea?" Tian asked. 

"Clean through the junk drawers?" 

"Oh, yeah, seems fun." 

The two men got up from where they where sat, and went to the junk drawers. There was one near the kitchen, and one drawer from the cabinet. Tian went to the cabinet, and Phupha went towards the kitchen. They both took the drawers out and emptied them both out on the floor next to each other. 

"Oooh." Tian picked up a small copper spoon from the top and asked Phupha if he knew anything about it. 

"It's a baby spoon. It was given to me when I was a baby. It has my initials on it, see?" He pointed to the end of the spoon for Tian to look at. They put it down in the pile of stuff they want to keep and picked up other things. 

"Ooooh, look at this." Phupha brought a small brown box opened to it's capacity, showing a large selection of rings. 

"Where are they from?" Tian asked. 

"I don't know, I don't remember seeing them." Phupha took a few rings out to examine the shiny stones on them. 

"Do you think they're worth anything?" 

"When we're free we can go out of town for the day and get them to a jeweller? We can do other stuff there too if you'd like?" 

"Mm. Yes, the kids are nearly off school so I'll have a good amount of time."  Tian picked up a bunch of wire-tangled walkie talkies that had a thick layer of dust that made him cough a little. 

"Ooohf, that's dusty." Phupha chuckled and told Tian that they're many years old and he can put it in the trash pile. But Tian disagreed, and said he wants to do things with the wires, God only knows what he is to do with them. 

" You're gunna get hurt, Tian. " 

" I'll glue the ends so that wires are all covered. It's been in that drawer for so long now, I doubt it can change now. " 

A Tale Of A Thousand Stars - ContinuationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara