Chapter 9 - 16 YEARS LATER

Hey guys! If you didn't read the spoiler, my last two chapters will be about their lives 16 years later! I think I might do some extra chapters after, but those will come irregularly, as I said last chapter in the spoiler. 

Enjoy! 

------------------------

16 YEARS LATER:...

"Wat! Get out of bed! It's time to get ready!" His father called. (Phupha)

Sarawat's POV:

I've been out of bed for a while now. To be honest, I don't think I can say I was ever in bed to begin with, I haven't really slept. It's a big day today. I start University in a week, but I want to move into campus early so I can get to know the place. I'm still nervous though. All I've ever really known was this village, these people, and this culture. I adapt easily, I had to move to Bangkok for 5 years at one point as my dad got a teaching opportunity there. But I was there often a lot anyway to see my grandparents. I'm not going alone though, that's one good thing, I'm going with one of my best friends, P' Ploy, who wants to transfer high schools for  her last two years before going to University. 

A/N: In case you where wondering, Ploy is the daughter of Nam. 

I can't even explain in words how much I'll miss this little village. And my parents, of course. I hope I have a marriage like theirs some day. They've been together for God knows how long, and they never fight. Well, they don't have big fights at least. 

"Phupha!!" Dad called from the other room. 

"Yeah?" 

"Stop putting all the cups in the top cupboard!! I can't reach them!" 

"You're just short!" 

"Hey!! Wat, can you help me get them down?" 

If you call that a big fight, then they have a few of those every now and again, but I don't think I'd even call them fights as they just hug after and tell each other they love the other afterwards. Ew, cheesy. But I still wouldn't mind having someone to be cheesy with. 

"I thought you said I had to go?" I asked. 

"It'll take 5 minutes to get the cups down. Please!" 

My dad's not even that short. Too short for the cabinets, yes, but I'm only a little taller than him. I trudged my way over to the kitchen to help him. 

"Do you have to go so early?" My dad frowned at me. 

"I think it's a good idea, I can get to know the place before I start, it will be helpful, trust me."

"I'll miss you lots." He looked like he wanted to cry. I pulled him into a hug, and frankly I tried not to cry too. 

"I'll miss you too." I said. We hugged for another while but I didn't want to keep Ploy waiting as she's probably further ahead of me in packing and getting ready to leave. 

"Come on, you'll be okay without me, you have dad with you, right?" 

"He's mean." 

"Dad.." 

He sighed, "I suppose you're right, but I don't know how I'll live without my dear baby." 

"I'm hardly a baby anymore, but if you say so." 

He let go and I started taking the cups out of the cupboard and stacking them elsewhere, while my parents started putting all my stuff in the boot of my car, and Ploy with her parents had already arrived. Nam looked like he had been crying, but I don't blame him, this is a big step for Ploy.