Chapter 15

The same day, Emma and Mr Gold entered the station to see Henry and Paige reading his book near the entrance.

"Henry. Paige. What are you doing here?" Emma asked.

"We came to congratulate you," Henry said as he walked over to them.

"For what?" Emma asked in confusion.

"Your genius plan," Paige said and Emma looked confused.

"And what plan's that, Henry, Paige?" The children didn't respond, "Right," Mr Gold said and walked down the hall, leaving Emma with the children.

"Sorry. We thought Mr Gold was in on it, now that he's Miss Blanchard's lawyer," Henry said.

"In on what?" Emma asked.

"The escape plan," Henry said.

"The what?" Emma asked.

"Sheriff. Could you join me, please?" Mr Gold called out from the other room.

Emma, Paige and Henry walked down the hall into the other room and saw Mary Margaret's cell empty.

"She's gone," Mr Gold said.

Emma looked at the cell, "Kids, what did you do?" Emma asked.

"Nothing. She was gone when we got here," Henry said.

"Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there..." Mr Gold said.

"She's a fugitive. Doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not, she's screwed. I have to find her before someone notices she's missing," Emma said.

"Oh, you mean Regina?" Mr Gold said.

"The arraignments at eight a.m. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory," Emma said.

"Well, you have until eight a.m., then," Mr Gold said.

"Uh, what about us? How can we help?" Henry asked.

"Go home," Emma said.

"Emma, if she leaves Storybrooke..." Henry said worriedly.

"Not now, Henry, Paige, come on," Emma said as she ushered them towards the exit.

"Miss Swan, I know that time is of the essence, but if Miss Blanchard doesn't return, her future's in jeopardy. And if you're caught helping her, so is yours," Mr Gold said.

"I don't care. I'd rather lose my job than my friend," Emma told him.

Elsewhere, August and Sarah were sat on a bench talking and August looked at her.

"Quit being so nervous, I won't bite, you probably won't taste nice if I did," Sarah said.

"Meant to be funny?" August said.

"Hardly, it's a statement because of the leather look you've got going on... See your father yet?" Sarah asked.

"...Sometimes, see your sister?" August asked.