Chapter 19

The next day, August was sleeping in his bed at the Bed & Breakfast, he woke up to find his leg was shaking uncontrollably. He attempted to grab his leg, but he ended up stiffly falling out of the bed. He got up and hobbled over to the phone and dialled a number.

"Hey, you there?... Good... This is taking too long. We need to accelerate the plan," August said.

♥🎩♥🎩♥🎩♥🎩♥🎩♥

Across the street from the pawnshop, August, Paige and Henry were hiding behind a bunch of crates.

"It's almost nine," August faced Henry, "You both set? You know what to do?" August asked.

"Operation Cobra is always ready. I just..." Henry said.

"You just what?" August asked.

"I..." Henry said

"What is it? Something else is bothering you," August said.

"I don't understand what this has to do with getting Emma to believe," Henry said.

August peered out around the crates, looking at the shop before turning back to the kids, "Sometimes other priorities assert themselves. Can you both handle a little improvisation?" August asked.

"Yeah. Can you?" Paige asked.

August smiled, "We're a go," August said as he patted Henry and Paige on their backs as he ran across the street into the pawnshop.

As Henry and Paige walked into the pawnshop, the bell rang to announce a customer's arrival and Mr Gold walked out from the back, surprised to see the children.

"Hey, Mr Gold!" Henry said.

"Hi!" Paige said.

"Good morning, Henry, Paige. What can I do for you two?" Mr Gold asked.

"We wanna get a gift for Miss Blanchard," Henry said.

"Oh, I see," Mr Gold said.

"Since... She didn't kill that woman," Paige said.

"Good thinking," Mr Gold said as he walked up to them.

As Henry and Paige distracted Mr Gold in the shop, August snuck into the backroom and he closed the door silently and began looking around the backroom.

Mr Gold walked into the back room and saw August, "Can I help you?" Mr Gold asked.

August looked at him surprised, "Yeah... I'm looking for some maps. I'm a bit of a collector," August said.

"Yes... Well, there's maps through in the shop, this is my office," Mr Gold said.

"I thought this was the entrance," August said.

"It's not. The shop through there," Mr Gold said as gestured with his cane through to the showroom. August walked out of the backroom and Mr Gold looked around the backroom suspiciously.

At the loft, Mary Margaret opened the door to see Sarah and they smiled at each other before hugging each other tightly.

"Gosh, I've missed you," Sarah said.