Chapter 21

At the loft, a deadbolt was the front door slid open and August entered with a small tool in his hand, he closed the door and bolted the door. Sarah, Emma and Mary Margaret were inside waiting for him.

"No one's gettin' through that," August said.

Emma looked at him, "Wow. When are you installing the torture chamber?" Emma asked.

"You like it?" August admired his handiwork, "I call it medieval-chic," August said.

"I don't care what it looks like as long as it keeps Regina and her skeleton keys out," Mary Margaret said as she walked up with Sarah

"Or anyone else, right?" Sarah asked.

"You have my word," August said.

"This is pretty handy for a writer, where'd you learn to do all this?" Emma asked.

"Woodshop. Eighth grade," August said.

"Oh! Speaking of school. Have to get going," Mary Margaret said.

"Uh, are you sure you're ready to go back?" Sarah asked.

Mary Margaret laughed softly, "After a stint behind bars? How tough can a room full of fourth-graders be? Besides, isn't Emma the one we need to be worried about?" Mary Margaret said as she looked at Emma.

"Hmm... True," Sarah said as she looked at Emma.

"Me? Why?" Emma asked.

"Well. You did threaten to take Henry away from Regina," August said.

"Oh, that wasn't a threat. I'm hiring Mr Gold to help build a case against her," Emma saw August, Sarah and Mary Margaret share a look, "She tried to have you framed for murder!" Emma said.

"But... You do know what happens if you win Emma, right?" Sarah said.

"Yeah," Emma said.

"And you're ready? To be his mom?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Yeah," Emma repeated.

Emma's walkie-talkie let out a static noise, "Code red. Code red," Henry said through the walkie-talkie.

Emma walked over to it and picked it up, "Henry, Henry, what's going on?" Emma asked.

"Meet me and Paige at Granny's. Bring Sarah. It's an Operation Cobra emergency," Henry said through the walkie-talkie.