Chapter 22

Sarah and Emma were in the pawnshop, Emma was talking to Mr Gold as Sarah held back.

"I have to save him. I have to get Henry away from Regina," Emma said.

"I must admit, your intentions are admirable. However, I won't be taking your case," Mr Gold said.

"What? You know what Regina did!" Emma said.

"Yes, but we can't prove it. And given the mayor's sway in this town, any proceedings against her would be long, drawn-out, and futile. The only certainty is Henry would suffer," Mr Gold gave her a grim look, "Can't do that to your boy," Mr Gold said.

"So, we leave him in the same house with that sociopath?" Emma asked.

"I'm sorry, Sheriff, my mind's made up," Mr Gold said.

"Well then, change it! The only person I've seen go head-to-head with Regina and win is you," Emma said.

"That's because I know how to pick my battles," Mr Gold said.

"Then pick this one!" Emma said.

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm simply not the man to help you beat Mayor Mills," Mr Gold said.

"No, you're not," Emma said and she stormed out of the shop.

Mr Gold smirked in satisfaction as Emma left, Sarah looked at him, "What are you planning?" Sarah asked as she walked to the counter.

Mr Gold looked at her, "I prefer your hair not straight," Mr Gold said.

"Thank you, answer my question," Sarah said.

"Putting your niece back on the right path," Mr Gold said.

"Hmm... I hope so," Sarah said as she walked to the door.

"Do you doubt me?" Mr Gold asked.

Sarah looked at him, "You're the old one, figure it out," Sarah said as she walked out of the shop.

Flashback

In the forest, The Blue Fairy led Geppetto, Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket to the enchanted tree.

"The Evil Queen will stop at nothing to destroy Snow White and Prince Charming's happiness. We must stop at nothing to undo her curse," The Blue Fairy said.

"It's beautiful," Geppetto said.

"This is the last enchanted tree in the entire realm," The Blue Fairy said.

"It can be done. I can make a beautiful wardrobe out of this," Geppetto said.

"The tree contains enough magic to protect two from the Evil Queen's curse. Before the curse strikes, before Snow White gives birth to her child, she and the Prince will enter the wardrobe and travel to a distant land. A land without magic, where Snow White will give birth to her child. Then when she reaches her twenty-eighth year, she can begin the battle that will defeat the Evil Queen. You see why it is vital that you complete the task at hand," The Blue Fairy said.