Chapter 4

She's right. She's always right.

I am absolutely right.

Ha Kyung tried to convince herself repeatedly that what she did was a step in the right direction.

I have great foresight!

Okay, stepping on the lion's tail was not exactly one of Ha Kyung's brighter ideas... the lion being Heungsoo. But my goodness gracious... Ha Kyung can only tolerate so much stupidity around her, you know? And, boy, was Namsoon being so stupid about this. Obviously, Namsoon likes Heungsoo THAT way and it looks like Heungsoo feels the SAME way. Since last year, Ha Kyung had felt that Heungsoo viewed her as a potential rival. But since Namsoon had been so wrapped up in Heungsoo, that perceived "rivalry" never came to fruition... until now.

Yeah, well, Ha Kyung felt both guys needed a kick on their asses and she's more than willing to do the deed. Kang Joo is always telling her to "live a little" and so she is.

Ha Kyung was so lost in her thoughts and she didn't realize where her feet had taken her. And it wasn't in a nice part of Apgujeong. A wolf-whistle sounded to her right so Ha Kyung lengthened her stride. Ignore it. Keep walking. Do it fast but don't run.

"Where you going to, baby girl?" a mocking voice called out to Ha Kyung and it was accompanied by snickers that seemed to come from more than two other men.

Aish! I should have just ridden the bus. Why did I ever think walking was a good form of exercise this late in the night?

Ha Kyung swung her backpack around in front of her and dug inside. Her hand encountered the small cylindrical object she was looking for. Will she finally be using her pepper spray for the first time?

"Do you know why Ha Kyung is absent today?" Teacher Jung asked Kang Joo. The petite educator had pulled Kang Joo to the side after her class ended.

"I've been texting her but she hasn't responded, saem," Kang Joo replied, worry outweighing the annoyance in her voice.

"Maybe she lost her phone or something, huh?" Teacher Jung said in an attempt to calm her student. "I'll try calling her mother again and I'll let you know if I contact her, okay?"

Kang Joo nodded.

Just then, Teacher Jung's phone rang. She smiled at Kang Joo and moved to a quieter place before picking up the call. It was Ha Kyung's mother. Ha Kyung sprained her ankle again and will be going back to class as soon as she can put her weight on it. Teacher Jung heaved a sigh of relief after ending the call. She looked around for Kang Joo to relay the good news but the class president was no longer around. So Teacher Jung sent her a text message instead.

She reminded herself to talk to Jung Ho later in the afternoon during study period... after she settled on a good and harmless way to ask about the small cut above his right eye. She continues to walk on eggshells around Jung Ho, trying not to make another huge mistake like she did last year. Even though Kang Se Chan said it's not her fault, her meddling landed Jung Ho in the emergency room and she hasn't forgiven herself for that. And probably won't... ever.

Jung Ho sensed Teacher Jung wanted to talk to him from the way she had kept looking at him. That is why he disappeared to the rooftop. It's bad enough that he has to suffer the teachers during class but outside class hours too? Jung Ho just wants his 30 minutes of peace before he gears up again. Make that an hour. He had slept much later than usual last night and he had to get up at the usual time so as not to be late for class. Jung Ho was running on fumes. His body was ready to crash.