Chapter 9

To be perfectly honest, Namsoon expected sex. Lots and lots of sex. But nothing happened. Absolutely nothing!

They're together now, right? So.......

Well, everything returned to what it was like before. Before they had their fight. Even before their separation. BFFs -- best friends forever. Bosom buddies. Two peas in a pod.

The only exception was that they are dating (and kissing) now.

He should be happy the misunderstandings are cleared and that everything is fine, right?

Not entirely. Because seriously, where's the sex?

Hey! Nobody gets to judge Namsoon. (Yeah, not even you!) He is a 20-year old boy who has only one thing on his mind 24/7. Other than sleep. Other than food.

And like he promised himself and Heungsoo, Namsoon no longer lied or kept things to himself. He told Heungsoo his "concerns" and Heungsoo just laughed and said they needed to start dating first before going further.

WHAT???

Oh, god! Heungsoo is treating him like some goddamn Disney Princess. Since when did he grow a vagina? The last time he checked -- and that was just before he left his house -- he pees standing up.

Dating? Didn't their years and years of epic bromance constitute as dating? They've shared dinner hundreds of times, they watched dozens and dozens of movies together, they hang out and read thousands of pages of comics together, and they've even had sleepovers many, many times! What more do they need to do before they commence with the fucking already?

Okay. Deep breaths. Let's chill.

Namsoon is aware he is coming across like some slutty, whining bitch ... but try to see it from his perspective. He has lusted over Heungsoo for months and months. And now that the going got good, he gets a "restraining order" from Heungsoo. Like, he literally can't touch the goods! Heungsoo's goods that are so very, very good.

"Oh, god! I'm insane. I've turned into a desperate housewife," Namsoon groaned in despair, pressing his forehead against the steel bar he was holding on to.

"What did you say, young man?" an old woman, who was sitting on the bus seat in front of Namsoon, asked. She looked very over 70 and hopefully a little hard of hearing.

"Ah... n-nothing, halmeoni. It's nothing," Namsoon smiled awkwardly, feeling his face go warm in embarrassment. He heard a snort to his right and saw a teenaged girl, who was looking at him like she knew what he'd been thinking about. Fortunately, the bus slowed and Namsoon saw that he had reached his destination so he quickly escaped as soon as the driver stepped on the brakes.

Namsoon was meeting Heungsoo at the movie theater for their third date. At an hour before closing, a customer called the car repair shop for emergency roadside services and Heungsoo's boss asked his apprentice to accompany him. Heungsoo couldn't say no so he was greatly apologetic when he explained to Namsoon that he couldn't "pick" him up for their date. Namsoon's jaw just dropped when he got Heungsoo's phone call a couple of hours ago.

Namsoon could have just said, "No problem. I'll meet you there. See you later."

But what actually came out of his mouth was, "Seriously? Like SERIOUSLY? I do not have a vagina! I don't need to be picked up by my boyfriend! I'll meet you there in a couple of hours!"

Namsoon hung up before Heungsoo could say anything else.

Heungsoo called him back (several times!) but he wouldn't pick up. Now who's acting like someone having a hissy fit? Namsoon groaned. He realized that what he said was quite ungrateful but at that time (in the heat of the moment), he was feeling very frustrated by Heungsoo's delicate treatment of him (and partially because he was sexually frustrated as well).