chapter 1

"You should stop lying to your parents Chaeyoung. They will kill you when they find out that you are actually single and living life and your fiancé is actually your Netflix account." Ashley muses as she takes a bite out of her bagel.

"Shut up Ash. I'm not going to marry one of my dad's co-workers. Look at the last time I went home. He tried to set me up with a guy named Chanyeol Park. Handsome fella but I'm not going to marry someone I'm not in love with. My dad knows that. My mum knows that." Chaeyoung sighs as she sinks into her seat.

Chaeyoung Roseanne Park. Beautiful blonde woman with eyes as brown as the chocolate. She is an art teacher at one of the art museums in downtown San Francisco, earning 50k a year and she is currently single. Ever since she was a little girl, Chaeyoung always believed in true love and soulmates. And she never stopped believing. She always imagined herself as the princess in the story, where her knight in shining armour would come and rescue her, and take her away with true loves kiss and live happily ever after. But of course, life wasn't as easy as 1, 2, 3. But the only problem now is that she's turning 27 soon, and she hasn't met the right one yet which is making her parents extremely worried she would spend the rest of her life alone with the fairy tale ending that will never happen. Even her friends think that she is just being delusional.

"Jesus Rosie. We are going back to your parents place in 5 days' time to spend the summer break with them, and you have no fucking fiancé. So, either you fucking craiglist your sorry ass, or you take Jaehyun as your fake fiancé. O and I are sick and tired of your crazy delusional ending fairy tale Chaeyoung. Keep going on like that and you would be single until the day you die. What is so bad with dating Jaehyun?"

Jisoo Kim, Chaeyoung's best friend including Ashley Choi, whom she had been with since their college days. Meeting on the cheerleading team, they had formed a strong friendship over the years, being there for each other and they had practically married each other. In terms of friendship of course.

"Come on guys. The fact that the two of you are still single at our age, isn't it the same concept as waiting for the right one to spend the rest of your life with? Fuck we have been single since forever." Chaeyoung muses.

"Alright! Alright. Jesus. But seriously Chaeyoung, who or should I say how are you going to find the right one to bring back as your fiancé in 5 days' time? Let alone spend the whole summer, 30 days with them?"

Jisoo had a point. Chaeyoung was in deep waters. Her parents were dying to know who her fiancé was, having told them it was a secret and that she wanted them to be surprised by the love of her life.

"I don't know. Maybe scroll through our old year books and look for someone? Try to find them and who knows, pick out a date? Tell them you're needed for the next 30 days?"

"That is the lamest thing I have ever heard." Jisoo smacks her hand into her forehead before looking back over at her two friends.

Just then, Mrs. Kim(Taeyeon) walks over to them and hands out her all too famous apple pie for them with warm smiles. The café she runs has been her baby for years, and the three friends would always come there to relax and chow down on desserts.

"How are my favourite girls doing?"

"Chaeyoung has been bullshitting her parents for two years now of her fiancé that doesn't exist. Now she has to return for the summer to spend some quality time and not to mention get hooked up to a handsome bachelor if she shows up without a fiancé. Think you could help Mrs. Kim?" Jisoo explains everything, making Mrs. Kim laugh.

"Oh my. Looks like you have your hands full Chaeyoung. Sorry I can't help you, my sons are both married with kids. I'm sure your parents would understand that you do not wish to marry someone you do not love. But I can understand their point too. You are getting older, and so are they." Mrs. Kim muses and taps her shoulders comfortingly.