chapter 10

"Oh Lisaaaa."

Lisa grunted in annoyance, taking the shot glass in her hand and downing the clear liquid, letting the alcohol burn her throat. True she had met some really nice people, but Jisoo and Ashley had other plans in mind to drag her away and talk to a bunch of single men, and Jisoo had this crazy idea to bluff them about the three of them being strippers. Whatever ungodly reason Jisoo came up with that idea, she didn't know.

"For the last time Jisoo. I'm not doing it. Get Jennie to do it with you idiots."

"No. Jennie is busy playing chess with an old man in the back of the function room, Chaeyoung is talking to her old neighbours and we are stuck together. So up up up." Ashley takes Lisa by one arm and Jisoo takes the other, not wanting Lisa to fight her way out of it, just for their amusement.

"Seriously guys. This is dumb. I can't act like a fucking stripper. I'm a business woman."

"That's just it Lisa. You need to let loose. Besides we're just trying to work them up then we kiss and make out in front of them and done." Lisa immediately stopped dead in her tracks, not wanting to go through with their crazy plan.

"Are you guys high or drunk or something?"

"Uhhhh... maybe yeah." The two women mumbled and gave a sheepish grin.

"Okay. I'm out. You two are drunk. Return to the bar, get yourself a drink to clear that head of yours while I go find Chaeyoung."

"Nooooooo Lisaaaaaa. We both are your biggest fan and your best lovers!!!" Lisa laughs and shakes her head, their friends having one too many already and clearly need to tone down.

So Lisa looked around for Chaeyoung, having missed her ever since she went up to change and that she had been busy talking to friends and family while she stood to the side drinking. That was her usual thing to do at events like these. She wasn't much of a socialiser unless the need to do business in which people come to her instead because of her reputation. But she would rather sit aside and just watch the day go by. So Lisa makes her way through the crowd and finds Chaeyoung standing alone outside on the porch, prompting Lisa to smile and make her way over. But then, Mark appears behind her, and yanks Chaeyoung backwards. She could tell that he was drunk for he had a bottle in hand and he was staggering. Lisa knew something was about to go wrong and she made her way over, trying to get to Chaeyoung. Her protectiveness kicked in, and anger seethed through her soul, for this man was really asking for trouble.

And the slap that came across her lover's face, that ticked Lisa off. She lunged at Mark, not caring about anything else and sending the two of them down to the ground. Mark was dazed at first, his head swimming in alcohol and Lisa was already landing punches across his face. Lisa thanked the gods that she had training in martial arts when she was younger. Lisa felt a kick in adrenaline and she served another blow to his face, breaking his nose as blood covered her hands. But what caught her off guard was his free hand that had the bottle came crashing into the side of her face. Lisa yelped in pain before she landed another punch across his face. Lisa was relentless. She hesitated for a moment on whether to take the broken bottle with sharp edges and stab him, but she thought otherwise against it. Mark finally stopped moving, groaning in pain from the punches that Lisa threw at him. A crowd had gathered and she pulled him up by his collar, turning him around and slamming his head back on the ground, her knee digging into his palms as he hissed out in pain.

Clare was holding Chaeyoung, rubbing her back soothingly when Mason appeared out from the crowd, anger written all over his face. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" He shouted.

"Tell him what you did to Chaeyoung, Mark. Tell him what you did." Lisa seethed, not caring about how her face hurts, blood seeping from the cuts made by the glass.