Chapter 8: Consequences

Here is another chapie! All in the same week! Yay! :D It's not that long though...Still, enjoy! :)

Warning: mild violence in this chapter >.<

________________________________________

                                Chapter 8: Consequences

I looked over Azaiah's shoulder to look at the men, they were wearing long jet, black cloaks. One of them smirked when my eyes accidentally met his ivory ones. I ripped my eyes away from him immediately. Suddenly I took notice that the whole dark alley was surrounded by a faint ashen glow. The people passing by the alley's opening seemed completely oblivious of what was going on inside. An educated guess told me we were now invisible to the public.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Azaiah demanded, carefully taking out a dagger. Where and how he was hiding a dagger all this time I had no idea, but I wasn't going to complain. I saw Lillith ready with her wand as well. Ely had her strength. What did I have? Absolutely nothing. Just a stubborn, untrained pixie here.

The guy in the middle smiled widely, "Well, we just happened to catch some very interesting scents," his crimson eyes rested on mine and winked. I felt the blood in my face drain as I paled greatly.

Azaiah growled lowly, "who are you?" he repeated, nervousness leaking out of his calmed façade .

"That's none your business child," the man to the left hissed.

"Let's make a deal," The guy in the middle, which I guessed was their leader, continued,  "You give us the pixie and we let you three escape with your lives. Sounds reasonable does it not?"

What in the world? Why would they want me?!

Another hiss was heard but this time coming from Elysia's clenched teeth, "You put one finger on her and you will regret waking up this morning."

"Why you little-" The guy to the right started before getting cut off by their leader's menacing laugh.

My eyes widened as I noticed the leader's fangs underneath his livid lips. He was a vampire.

"According to the law, assaulting us will result in your imprisonment," Azaiah threatened with a calculating voice, his grip in his dagger tightening as his knuckles whitened.

"Whoever said we abode by those laws kid?" The leader continued as he stepped forward. Lillith rose her scarlet wand in warning.

"Darling you don't want to be waving that toy of yours around, unless you want me to snap it into pieces,"

I saw Lillith tense slightly.

Oh my god, we are so going to die. My heart was beating fast. Suddenly, I felt a strong weight on my shoulders as guilt rushed over me. If I hadn't tried to runaway, we would have probably found the cat and been back at the academy already. I was supposedly the leader of this group dammit! Even though I know well enough that I don't deserve this position. For some reason, I was assigned with this huge role. And what was I doing? Cowering at the back and hiding behind my teammates. I wasn't able to do anything though. I was frozen on the spot. These people could probably smell the fear radiating from me. I felt my eyes sting with tears as I tried to regain my courage, but to no avail, I stayed frozen.

"Guys," Elysia whispered softly. As if they read her mind, Lillith and Azaiah charged forward. Suddenly everything was a blur. I saw Azaiah locked in battle with one of the guys, flinging him back when the cloaked man tried leaping towards me. Lillith was literally covered in a purple smoke as her eyes glowed a menacing yellow color. The cloaked guy that was fighting her was covering his nose and mouth with one hand and swinging a large hammer with the other. Elysia had targeted the leader, I wasn't able to see them clearly though as they disappeared and appeared in different places; their fight progressing in a fast and inhuman pace. I stood there doing nothing. What else could I do? I didn't want to barge in their fights and become a nuisance to any of them. I dropped to the ground as my knees gave up.

"I'm pathetic," I mumbled, "couple minutes ago I was breaking all ties with them and now here they are fighting to protect me". Even Lillith looked like she was giving it her best to keep them away from me.

A sound of someone crashing harshly into the brick building made me look up. Elysia was on the floor panting as she pushed herself off the floor.

"You cannot win against us," The leader spoke again, his tone sounding bored, "just give us this delicious smelling pixie and we will leave you alone."

"Over my dead body," she snarled as she jumped towards him again. The swirl of fighting commencing once more.

I shook my head. I couldn't take this. I glanced at where Azaiah had converted into a huge, light brown wolf, his dagger abandoned a couple of feet away. A slash already covering his back. He was hurt.

Without warning, I heard a piercing scream as I saw Lillith being flung across the alley. She landed with a loud thud. As she pushed herself up, her head snapped up, her eyes glancing towards me as she cursed under her breath. One of the cloaked guys striding towards me was the answer to her worried eyes.

"Azaiah!" Lillith called quickly. Azaiah looked up and immediately converted back to human form and launched towards me. Barricading me against the wall as fangs tore into his neck. A loud scream left my mouth as blood dripped onto me. Suddenly, the guy that had attacked Azaiah was on the floor, a purple spear impaled on his chest. Azaiah ran back towards the guy he was previously fighting, aiding on Elysia who had taken on his opponent. Lillith ran towards the impaled guy on the floor and withdrew her spear only to impale him again, as she did over and over.  I closed my eyes at the gruesome scene.

"Freeze!" I snapped my eyes open as I heard the authoritative tone. I looked up to see Zandra and two other men by the opening.

Relief rushed through me as the remaining two cloaked men froze. Literally. It looked like time had stopped for those two. A faint smile broke on Azaiah's lips as he saw Zandra.

"Master!" Elysia called as she rested on a wall catching her breath as she wiped sweat from her forehead.

"What was going on here!" Zandra exclaimed, her concern showing on her voice, "Oh my! Azaiah are you alright?!" She cried as she saw Azaiah dripping with blood.

"Just a scratch professor," Azaiah replied as he brushed the dirt from his pants away with his hands. The bite marks on his neck already starting to disapear. 

Lillith was sitting on the floor exhausted, "Was about time Zandra."

I stood still as words got stuck on my throat. I felt something wet on my face and as I wiped it away, I saw they were tears that were streaming down my face.

All I heard before knocking out were Zandra's worried cries as she called my name. Then I succumbed to the blackness as I felt my head hit the floor. . .

__________________________
Well, there it is :) hope you guys liked it

I posted a picture of Azaiah as a wolf :)

Don't forget to vote and comment pretty please!