Chapter 9: Angel Arms

Yes, I know I have no excuse as to why I took so long to update. I'm sorry guys :(     But here's the next chapter! yay!!!! :)

Chapter 9

I woke up in heaven. At least that's what I thought it was. 'Yep, I died and now I'm in heaven' I thought as I looked up at the angel carrying me in his arms. He radiated warmth. Like literally, his skin was as hot as a heating blanket. I sighed as I stared at his pearly neck.

Mmmmm....smells good. Well, obviously an angel would smell good I reminded myself. Whoever heard of an angel smelling badly?

"Well, she's awake," I heard a irritatingly familiar voice announce.

The angel tilted his head to look at me.

Woah! I pushed myself out of his arms as I stumbled onto the floor, "Why. Are. You. Carrying. Me?!" I demanded shocked. That was no angel, it was none other than werewolf boy Azaiah!

''Be still, my heart," I mumbled to myself as I tried to steady my pounding heart as I got myself back on my feet. Azaiah was carrying me in his arms! His very toned arms, I may add.

"Well, at least we know you smell good huh? angel?" Lillith teased as she shook her head and rolled her brown orbs at me.

I felt my face become red as I blushed significantly, "I said that out loud didn't I?"

"Yep, you did, doofus," Lillith chuckled as she continued on walking. I noticed we were back at the academy.

"Hm, let's continue on our way," Azaiah simply said ignoring everything else, "we are to report to Judith of everything that happened on our mission."

Scenes of what happened back in Michigan rushed into my mind like a plague. I frowned. I didn't want to think of what would have happened to us if Zandra hadn't intervened. My frown intensified as I realized that I had fainted right after. Gosh, I'm so weak! What if Lillith or Azaiah tell Judith I tried to run away? What if Ely does?

I looked around and couldn't spot a certain white haired vampire, "Where's Elysia?" I asked, suddenly starting to worry. What if she got more injured than I thought?

"She had to recover energy. She's back at the cafeteria drinking up before meeting us at chairman Judith's office," Lillith explained with a small smile. Wow, I think it might be the first time I've seen her smile. Both Lillith and Azaiah seemed healthy enough, as if the fight had never taken place.

"Werewolves regenerate quickly, and witches have advanced healing powers,"Azaiah explained beside me, after he saw my confused face.

"Oh," I breathed. And here I am, the pixie, who didn't do anything but faint!

We reached Judith's office and sat in front of her as she scrutinized us with her fiery black eyes. Zandra was standing behind, her wings slightly ruffling the loose papers on the desk. A second later, Ely glided in the office and smiled widely when she spotted me, taking the chair next to me.

"Alright, now that we are all here, Alexandra Esmeralda Watson, will you give us the pleasure of explaining what in the world happened out there?" Judith said as she struggled to keep her voice leveled.

"What? Why me?" I asked as my heart picked up its pace; nervousness starting to nip at my insides.

"Because you are the assigned captain of this team, Alex," Zandra explained softly, her sympathetic eyes smiling gently.

"Well," I started, "we were looking for the cat mentioned in our mission...when...when I saw the opportunity to run away." I gulped as I saw Judith's onyx eyes narrow. Might as well tell them the truth right? I mean I'm pretty sure at least one person in this room could smell a lie, Literally. Plus, I bet Azaiah would tell them anyways, he's such a teacher's pet.

"I'm sorry Alexandra, I believe I didn't hear you correctly, may you repeat what you just said?" Judith explained, fury burning in her eyes. I'm pretty sure she heard me right.

"I tried to run away," I repeated as I glanced at the beige colored floor and bit my lip.

"Are you aware that you put your unit in danger?"

I nodded guiltily.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" Judith growled. I jumped at her strong voice and quickly looked up as I whimpered, terrified at the lady in front of me. Traces of scales started to appear all over her body. Then I remembered she said she was a dragon. Oh my God! A very angry dragon is in front of me! I could feel the fear radiating from Ely, Lily and Azaiah as well. Where did the sweet Judith I met on my first day here go?

"Judith, we-" Lily started before being quieted down. "I am speaking to Alexandra right now Lillith, so you better keep your mouth shut."

"Judith, maybe you are being little harsh? The kids are terrified, "Zandra quickly said, sympathy visible in her beautiful eyes.

"Good," Judith nodded, "they should be."
"But-

"No buts Zandra. Alexandra has to learn that the safety of her team was put in danger because of her unwise decision to run away."
"I know!" I broke in, "and I get that! But, if you had let me decide if I wanted to be here or not, this wouldn't have happened either."

"Alexandra, we can't give you that choice," Judith replied, her eyes softening a bit.

"Why not?" I sniffed as tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Alexandra, you belong here. The world outside, isn't safe for us Segreto. There are evil beings out there. Like the ones you saw today. They don't just want to hurt us. They want to destroy us. Faylinn Fields is the safest place for young ones like you to learn how to fight evil and survive doing it. The moment your pixie essence awakened in you in the car, you are no longer shielded from others like ourselves. Segreto could sense you are a pixie." Judith explained.

"So I can't go back?" I asked softly.

"I'm sorry Alex, but you can't," Zandra responded gently.

I nodded in understanding. I guess they have a point. My life will never go back to normal now. Even if I tried, I can't erase these past days. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and sighed. My shoulders felt heavy and all I wanted to do was to go back to sleep.

"Go back to your dorms and rest for the rest of the night. Tomorrow you will resume classes, understood?" Judith ordered resting her back on the chair.

"Yes," We all said in unison as we got up from our chairs and headed for the door.

"Oh and Alexandra," Judith called and I turned around, "Next time you put your team in danger, you will receive the rightful punishment, understood?"
"Yes 'mam" I replied as I quickly made my way out of the office, trying to get as far away from the angry dragon as possible.

__________________________________________________

Finally Alex realized that there is no other way but to stay at Faylinn Fields! It was a small  chapter, but I'll update the next chapter soon ;)

Please don't forget to vote and comment! Pretty please with a cherry on top?  :3