Chapter 6

Eddie wakes to the pain due to how he was sleeping, he looks to the side he can see Buck sitting up head leaning against the headboard, and turning towards Eddie. The drool dripping from his mouth, Eddie lets a chuckle out because he had never seen Buck drool. Shifting slowly he notices Buck's hand has hold of his phone and guesses that he was on a research binge. , Again.

"Buck, babe" Eddie says with a little nudge. Knowing he is smiling from being able to call him babe.

"Huh, What's wrong, is everything ok?" Buck says, wiping his face.

"Everything is fine, though I could do with some pills and you need to lay down. Though seeing you drool is kinda cute." Eddie chuckles.

"Well, I'm glad my embarrassment makes you smile. I'll go grab the pills, why don't you sit up, slowly." Buck explains as he gets up.

Eddie watches as Buck leaves the room, his thoughts travel back to the fact that in the morning they would be heading to the hospital. How would he explain any of this to Chris and his friends? He knew they would want to help but he could do with less stress right now.

"Here take these and let's try to rest more." Buck says waving the pills in front.

"Thanks, I'm just nervous. What if they say it is?" Eddie starts but stops. He didn't want to say it still so slowly takes his pills.

"Look, it's just some tests and a biopsy. We won't find out anything for a few days until the results are in. So it's a waiting game and I know you hate waiting as you are so impatient, but there is nothing else we can do."

"I do hate waiting, but with you here it won't be too bad, Though I know you will be back to work in a few days."

"I will be at work, but Carla will be around and so will Abuela plus I will be around after each shift so don't worry."

"Yeah, but can we keep it between us till we know? W-what if it's nothing? I don't want to worry people all for nothing."

"That's fine but we will have to explain to Carla and Abuela as they will be around and will see you in pain especially after the biopsy, but that can wait. Come on, lay down and rest."

Buck helps Eddie back down and places a kiss on his head. There's a dip next to Eddie and then a warm presence, that's when he realizes Buck's hand was around his waist and it felt like an anchor keeping him there, grounding him, as he drifted off again.

A loud sound makes Eddie stir the coolness behind him and alerts him that Buck wasn't in the bed with him. Slowly sitting up he sees his phone is quiet as the ringing continues he sees Buck's phone ringing. He reaches over ignoring the pain and picks it up and sees Bobby's name. Quickly he swipes the screen to answer without thinking.

"Hey Buck, I need to ask you a big favor?" Bobby asks

"Sorry Bobby, but Buck is out at the moment and left his phone. I can ask him to call you when he gets back, speak later." Eddie says, hanging up the phone quickly and abruptly.

He sat there for a minute thinking about what had just happened and what he said. The whole time was like an out-of-body experience. His mouth was going but his brain wasn't processing anything before speaking. What had he just done?

"FUCK!!!" Eddie shouts far louder than he wanted.

"What happened?" Buck says barging into the bedroom he was in his boxers but had a shirt on which was covered in flour.

"Ermm, you may have some explaining to do..." Eddie said and Buck raised his eyebrows, "Your phone rang and I saw it was Bobby so I answered instinctively." He continued giving Buck a sheepish look as it dawned on Buck that Bobby didn't know they were together.