Chapter 8

There in the hospital for another hour, Eddie doesn't really reply, just listens but only picks up bits, the main ones being surgery and after that course of chemotherapy. He can feel Buck squeezing his hand as he fires questions at the doctor.

Eddie shifts a bit to look at the doctor who hands him a tissue.

"Mr Diaz, I know this is a lot to take in, my advice would be go home and have a read of the information I will give you. I will also give you your appointment for the surgery that needs to be done sooner rather than later." The doctor explains.

"Thanks doc, sorry for breaking down." Eddie says feeling embarrassed.

"I'd be more concerned if you didn't, but we are here if you need to talk, and will give you a counselors number, but also for you Mr Buckley." The doctor says.

"Im ok doctor, my main focus is Eddie, he will be on a strict regime." Which earns a chuckle from Eddie.

"I can see that, look head home and we will see you for your first session." The doctor says.

Eventually they get up and make their way out with Eddie's first appointment and prescription of meds he would have to take as well, he was relieved in one way he finally knew what it was but now the future was so uncertain. The car drive home was quiet and sobre, Eddie notices how quiet Buck was he felt so bad that he had put this on Buck. He continued to look out the window and he couldn't face the man.

"I messaged Abuela, she will have Chris a few nights, but she wants a full rundown of everything the doctor said." Buck says.

"Thanks." Eddie mumbles out, he felt bad but he couldn't face anyone at the moment.

"You can be as quiet as you want, but Eds please don't shut me out. I'm here." Buck explains and Eddie feels the warmth of his hand on his leg.

"I know, it's just a lot, and you know how I can get."

"It will be ok, Eddie we can.."

"Don't say it Buck, I just can't hear that just yet. I want you to be positive but right now I can't." Eddie explains.

There's a huff and Eddie knows Buck will be rolling his eyes but in the same way he knows Buck gets it. As he looks out the window they pass a firetruck and his mind goes back to work, there was no way he could work, once he started the meds and treatment he would be useless and a risk.

"What do I tell work, about this?." He asks and finally turns to Buck.

"Whatever you want, we can go into full detail or none at all, but Bobby will have to know to sign you off." Buck says, glancing over to Eddie and smiling.

"I don't want to talk to Bobby, after the way he was I can't face him, it's just too much stress." Eddie explains.

"He won't bother you, I'll make sure of it. I pulled him on how he was so no doubt he will call to apologize."

Eddie just nods and smiles at his boyfriend, taking his hand and linking their fingers. He enjoys the warmth until they arrive at Eddies and see Bobby's truck outside it. Eddie can feel the nerves rattling around in his stomach, this is something he didn't want right now.

"Wait here." Buck states, sounding pissed.

Eddie let their hands go and Buck got out of the truck, the door closing behind, Eddie watched as Buck aproclached Bobby who was standing by his truck. He could see Buck was angry and saying something to Bobby but couldn't make it out there was finger pointing and Bobby trying to calm Buck, but eventually Bobby gets in his truck and disappears.

Getting out of the car Eddie can see Buck breathing hard, no doubt trying to calm himself down, when he looks at Eddie he smiles.

"Sorted l, told Bobby don't expect us in for the rest of the week and that you will talk to him when you're ready." Buck explains.