Chapter 9

Buck sits in the waiting room with his knee tapping up and down, he had been told off once by a nurse for doing it and can see she was now watching him again. As he looked at the clock he could have sworn it was purposely taking it time to move faster.

"Right, I know you're worried but I have told you once already, can you please stop it? He may be gone for a while, the best thing you can do is go home and rest." The nurse says, staring at him.

"Sorry, I'll go out, could you call me when he's out please?" Buck asks.

"I can do it." She smiles back.

"Here's my number." Buck says get his phone.

"Mr Buckley, you know we have your number, you are Mr Diaz's main emergency contact as you well know." She explains.

"I know but I just want you to make sure, you know, you hear things about numbers being wrong." He explains.

The nurse concedes and shakes her head as she turns the computer so Buck can look at the screen and he smiles as he sees the number on there.

"Happy?" she asks.

"Yeah , sorry." He replies and walks off.

He leaves the hospital unsure what he was going to do, it could be a few hours before Eddie was out and Chris was at school, he did contemplate on taking Chris out but knew Eddie would be pissed if he did.

Walking towards the car he scrolls through his phone wondering if he should go see Maddie, talk it through but knew she would tell Chim who would pass it on, so he hops in and heads to Abuela's he knew she would keep him busy.

The drive was a long one and Buck didn't know what to do or expect when he got there, he was turning up unannounced after all, yes he and Eddie had just got together but he couldn't just expect Eddie's family to put up with him just turning up at their homes. Before he could think he had turned the car around and started driving the other way he didn't know where he was going he just drove.

The drive brought up his worse worries which he hadn't told Eddie just so he didn't scare him, the main one was what if he had a reaction to the aesthetic and died, he had not thanked google for that one, others were when Eddie woke he may not want Buck because he felt less of a man which Buck was ready for that conversation for when it happens.

Soon enough he finds himself pulling into a car park and just sitting there, his phone had rung a few times with Bobby's face on it and he just cleared the notifications away he was in no mood for him.

Griffith Observatory, he looked at the sign and smiled, it was somewhere he wanted to bring Chris, it was a great place to lose all thoughts of the outside world. He took hold of his phone and started to make his way towards the doors. It wasn't too busy, one of the other reasons he liked it here was the quietness. Once he had brought his ticket he headed in and started looking at the exhibits, he ended up at the planetarium where the show was about to start and stated it would last approximately 35 minutes which would kill some time he thinks.

Throughout the show Buck found himself checking his phone which he had turned on to silent not to disrupt anyone else, but he had seen that one guy kept looking over at him and he couldn't place where he had seen the man before, it didn't help it was dark and only when the lights of the show moved he saw a quick glimpse. So he carried on watching the show and got into it so much he forgot to check his phone till it had finished.

As he walked out he checked his phone, again messages off Bobby and some off Maddie, he just cleared them off and let out a sigh before looking at where he wanted to go to next but couldn't focus on anything so made his way to a bench and just sat there watching the world go by twiddling his fingers over his phone just wishing it would ring.