Chapter 1

It was Just another day at the firehouse, with some minor calls that some of the team would consider a waste of their time and why do they have to do it, case in point: helping a fat ginger cat out of the tree it got stuck in. The 118 team are currently watching as Eddie slowly climbs the ladder to collect the cat out of the tree.

"Come on old man, I know you can move quicker than that." Buck shouts up jokingly.

"Shut up." Eddie snaps back crankily.

"Ooooh someone is moody today." Hen jokes as she pats Buck on his shoulder.

"Just let me focus on the job at hand, not all of us can have an easy job of standing there doing nothing can we?" Eddie shouts as he continues up.

Buck and Hen look at each other and start laughing and then they look at Bobby who shakes his head at them. He walks over to where the ladder is with Chimney at the bottom holding it steady for Eddie.

"Diaz come on. I want to be out of here in five minutes." Bobby shouts with some authority.

"Okay, Cap" Eddie shouts back.

Once he reaches the top of the ladder he shuffles on to the branch and sits awkwardly and he feels a pull in his groin but he ignores it as he works his way to the cat which is hissing and clawing at him.

"Come on, you stupid cat." Eddie whispers at it.

As he reaches out to grab the cat. It lashes out and claws at his glove and that was the last straw so he snaps and just grabs it by the scruff on its neck and once he has it close to his chest listening to it hiss and growl, he starts to shuffle back. He sees Buck climbing up to get hold of it.

"I'll take it." Buck says giving Eddie a big smile.

"Fine." He snorts.

He passes the cat to Buck and waits for Buck to get down, listening to Buck talk to the cat like it was a baby and Eddie shakes his head at him so he can start coming down, as he climbs down, he can hear the family thanking the team as he reaches the bottom Chimney pats him on the back.

"Evil things aren't they" Chimney jokes.

"Yeah" Eddie says before walking off and heading to the truck, the rest of the team say their goodbyes and head to the truck and join Eddie who is now sitting in the truck.

"You ok, Eds?" Buck asks

"I'm fine. I just don't see why we are wasted on dumb things like that." Eddie says.

"It's part of the job, but I agree it seems a waste to have us come out, what would have happened if there was something major at the other side of town and we were late for helping a cat?" Hen adds.

"Lucky that didn't happen, what was up Diaz you seemed sluggish getting up there?" Bobby asked

"He's just showing his age." Buck jokes.

"Why is everything got be a joke with you?" Eddie snaps at Buck who looks shocked the rest of the team goes quiet "I'll be quicker next time Cap." He says looking at Bobby.

"Sorry, Eddie" Buck says sheepishly.

Eddie does not even look at him just rests his head against the window of the truck hoping to get some peace and quiet.

"Someone needs to have a proper nap." Chim snarks.

"Chim, I can hear you, you're on the same headset channel" Eddie snarks as he looks over

Chimney just goes red and Buck nudges Chimney and laughs at him. Eddie returns to resting his head against the window, as the truck continues the way back, they start to pull in, as they do the radio goes off about a fire at a factory.