Chapter 7

BUCK POV.

Buck watches as Eddie's truck speeds away. Everything was going wrong. He feels a firm hand land on his shoulder and turns to see Bobby looking at him with sadness.

"No, you don't get to do that. Not after you accused us of lying and abusing your trust, even before we could explain you were demanding us to get in your office," Buck snarks as he walks off back inside. He needs to get his keys and go after Eddie.

"Buck, let me..." Bobby is cut off

"What? Let you what? Yes I get I have that rep but Eddie has never done that and you straight away went in there about sex. If you had just asked, we could have spoken about it properly but no. You jumped to conclusions and now look at what you've done." Buck signals to the entrance, showing that Eddie wasn't there.

He walks into the locker room. He can feel the eyes of the other firefighters all on him and he doesn't care. All he can focus on is getting to Eddie. He opens his locker and grabs his jacket, feeling the pockets for his keys. He lets out a sigh when he finds them and closes the locker. He puts his jacket on and takes the keys out and starts to walk out, where yet again Bobby is waiting for him, but now Hen and Chim are there.

"Buck, what's going on?" Chim asks

"Nothing. Just leave it, ok? It has nothing to do with any of you. I'm going. You can fire me all you want, Captain. To be honest, I don't give a rat's ass," Buck says as he storms off past everyone.

"Buckaroo, wait. You can't just leave," Hen shouts, but Buck waves his hand up and walks out.

He makes his way straight to his jeep and starts the engine. Once the car is moving, he hits the dash of his car as his phone wont connect, once he sees the connecting symbol he waits for his phone to connect. Once it does, he dials Eddie and gets voicemail.

"Ugh, Eddie, answer me will you? I'm on my way. I'll meet you there. I walked out. Bobby should have never spoken to you like that. Ring me back please." Buck ends the call and speeds off to the doctor's.

The drive to the doctor's fills him with dread and hope - hope it was all clear but also the worry of what will happen if it is. But he knew he promised Eddie he would be there to support him, and he will be.

The phone starts to ring and Buck answers it without looking.

"Eddie..."

"No, it's Maddie. Buck what the hell are you doing? Chim just called me and told me you walked out on the job, the job you fought so hard to get back to, the one you put a lawsuit in against Bobby just to go back to them. I don't get it." Maddie's concerned voice echoes through the speaker.

Buck is now even more pissed. Not only had they gone straight to Maddie, but she was trying to use the whole lawsuit against him.

"You know what, Maddie?Just like them, you don't know the full picture. You just jump on the bandwagon. I would have thought you would have given me the benefit of the doubt before chucking the lawsuit in my face," Buck says and hangs up. She calls him back but he just declines the call.

As he gets closer to the doctor, the nerves build up. He was hoping Eddie would be sitting in his truck, unable to go in, but as he pulls into the car park, he sees it's full. Driving around, he doesn't see Eddie's truck anywhere. After finally finding a spot to park, he gets out and starts walking to the entrance, double checking for the truck but nothing. He enters, thinking Eddie had parked somewhere else with it being busy. He picks up his phone, calling Eddie again, but it goes straight to voicemail.

"Hi, I'm wondering if Edmundo Diaz has turned up? His doctor called him," Buck asks as he gets to the reception desk.

"I don't see him checked in." The receptionist says.