Chapter 4

Eddie sits there utterly shocked that his mouth just let that slip out, he looks at Buck who obviously was not expecting that and the first thing Eddie can think is to backtrack quickly.

"I didn't mean to say that! I was meant to say... something else! Just forget it ok? I should erm, I should head to bed. I'll see you later bye Buck." Eddie says as he quickly gets up.

"Eddie wait!" Buck says.

Eddie doesn't stop and heads to his room and closes the door before falling on the bed. Even when he wants to try to be happy he can't, and he knows how Buck will be. He will keep pushing and if he does, he thinks what to say. Should he tell Buck how much he loves him? Buck may only see him as a charity case now, as he lay there it felt like hours had passed but really only minutes and he hears a knock.

"Hey, Eddie can I come on please," Buck says.

"No, just leave Buck please!" Eddie fights the sob back.

"Eddie i will not leave you, so we need to talk. I will sit outside your door if I have to all night." Buck explains.

"Buck, I don't want to talk about anything please just go," Eddie says now sitting up.

There is no sound but then he hears his phone go off and fishes it out his pocket and looks at the screen it's a message from Buck he opens it.

'Eddie this is what I was looking at, I had my suspicions before you let it slip, I'm sat by the door we don't have to talk I just need to see you're ok'

Eddie looked at the photo and it was of Bucks google history for the night , it was about spotting signs of cancer and how to talk to someone about it. Eddie's heart ached. Buck had been looking at helping him without him knowing, Eddie decided he needed to let Buck in he knew he couldn't do this on his own so he replied back.

'I could really do with a hug right now'

He hears Buck's phone go off and in seconds the door is open and Eddies see Buck standing there. He can see the tears that have fallen down Bucks face and he feels the dam in his eyes go and the next thing he knows is that Bucks arms are around him and holding him tight.

"It's ok Eddie I'm here," Buck says.

Eddie just sobs into Bucks shirt, they stay like that for ages and Eddie feels himself nodding off. He didn't want to move so just stayed there. The next time he wakes he feels a warmth under his head he slowly moves and sees Bucks face and he is asleep, Eddies head resting on his chest. He felt so happy but at the same time it was under the circumstances they hadn't explained. Eddie knew everything would change and he needed to get away even for a few days, he decided he will sort it later but for now, he would sleep soundly with the fact that Buck was here.

The next morning he wakes he is alone in bed, but the sound of a shower can be heard. Eddie thinks Buck must be using it as he stayed over, Eddie rolled and finds his phone and looks up a website and books something he then quickly messages Bobby.

'Hey Bobby, my mum has had to have emergency surgery and my dad needs help to look after her, I know it's short notice but is there any way I can take a week off from today? I know it's short but I wouldn't ask if it wasn't an emergency.'

Eddie felt so bad for doing this but he needed time away from everyone. He knew it would get too much and the last thing he wants to do is push people away with his moods. He knew a few days with Chris at there favorite lodge would help, he hears his phone go off.

'It is short notice, but you weren't in today so that makes it a bit better, but I understand, it's fine, I will see you next week.'

Eddie smiled now he just needed to get away without seeing Buck, he would write him a note but say he was at his parents. Just then Buck walks out all dressed but Eddie could see his curly wet hair.