Introspection

Phoebe laid on the plush, purple pillows beneath her, slipping easily into her dreams. The dreams were a blessing to her, a space where she could do what she wanted for a whole eight hours, without getting bothered by a single person.

Phoebe appeared exactly where she left off, in a large room, filled with things to decorate herself with. Today, she felt feminine, and so, she walked over to the appropriate area. Inside a drawer was a set of scale paints, and jewellery. Phoebe selected a bracelet, woven from black threads. She slipped it on her wrist, the threads hugging her scales gently.

Phoebe looked over her collection, eventually finding a necklace that suited her. A single ruby hung from a deep purple necklace, shining in the dim candlelight. She tied it gently around her neck.

It was time to head to the gardens. The dreamscape around her shifted, changing to a large garden, with all sorts of blooming flowers. A stream ran though it, and in the centre, a single bench sat beneath a cherry blossom tree. Phoebe walked to a flower patch, filled with red roses and purple petunias. Her claw traced the outline of the flower gently as she admired it, the scent filling her nostrils. It was so peaceful here. Her vision began to fade, meaning she was waking up. Hastily, she picked a single red rose.

Phoebe rose from her bed, slightly disappointed that she had to leave so soon. It was about six in the morning, judging by the sun. She'd have to get going if she wanted to have breakfast with Rupie, the peacock looking treasure dragon that so happened to be her girlfriend. They had agreed to meet up at a nearby river, and Rupie was bringing the food. She wouldn't tell Phoebe what she was bringing, stating it was a surprise.

The dragon rose from her bed, heading out of her den and spreading her wings. Hopefully she wouldn't have to wait for Rupie.

Rupie sat next to the stream, looking at her reflection in the water. She ran her claws through the metallic feathers that perched on her head, preening them. She wanted to look good for Phoebe, no matter if this was just a simple breakfast. She had brought fresh fish, bread, and blackberries, all made or foraged with her own hands. Rupie didn't like to get dirty, but fishing was well worth it if Phoebe enjoyed the result.

Rupie noticed the telltale sign of Phoebe's approach long before she landed. Her under wings were visible from quite awhile away, due to the bright colors. Phoebe flapped twice, landing next to Rupie.

"Ah, Phoebe. You've arrived just barely on time." Rupie motioned towards the portioned out food.

"I made us breakfast. Enjoy." Rupie always was so formal, making sure she looked beautiful, and served the best food. Phoebe enjoyed every last bite of the meal, grateful that she didn't have to hunt for fish.

"Thanks, Rupie. I have something to ask you."

"Ask away, little dreamer."

"I was wondering if one night, you'd like to accompany me in my dreams. I could show you everything I have made."

"That would be wonderful, but how would it work?" Phoebe gave a rose to Rupie. Its petals were red, and glowing softly.

"You'd have to wear this while you slept. It would take you to my gardens. I'd meet you there, and then I could show you everything."

"I can hardly wait for tonight then, little dreamer."

Time skip brought to you by writer's block, and me being lazy-

Rupie curled up on the floor of her den, feathered tail serving as a pillow of sorts. The rose had been tucked under her wings, resting on her back. It seemed this one did not had thorns. She did not expect anything to happen so soon.

Rupie was forcefully yanked through a swirl of colors and shapes, spiralling faster and faster, until she fell rather ungracefully onto some grass. Rupie sat up, all around her was a garden. A rather extravagant one at that, filled with flowers, birds, and even a stream. She then noticed Phoebe, sitting in all her glory on a single bench beneath a cherry blossom tree.

Rupie rose to her clawed feet, walking over to Phoebe.

"Your garden is beautiful, little dreamer." Phoebe made a shushing sound.

"I want to listen to the birds with you. Come, sit." Rupie sat on the intricate ivy wound bench, next to Phoebe.

It had begun to rain gently, little rivulets falling down Phoebe's horns and neck, dripping onto the soft soil. Rupie's feathers drooped slightly in the rain, their iridescence dimmed. The two simply sat there, mesmerized by the sights and smells of the garden.

Rupie could certainly do this all night.

Yep, this is officially the worst one yet QwQ

I wrote with writer's block, and thus, this abomination was born. I'm sorry.