Hydra

They say that the Diamond dragons, and the other gemstones, were never really dragons at all. Made of nothing but glittering, precious stones and magic holding them together, they didn't exist one day, and were created the next. How did this happen? Some say that they crawled from the earth, and others say they came from realms beyond, taking interest in ours. But by far the most popular, was that the gemstones were here all along.

Long ago, there was only one class of dragons. They were made of flesh and bone, sinew holding them together. Some learnt to wield magic after a time, but none were quite so proficient as one wizard. Their name was long forgotten by history, but they travelled to a mining site. There, to their utmost surprise, some of the gems whispered to him. Asked for life.

They granted them that life, and they formed bodies of crystals for the first gemstones. The original stone that had pleaded for life, beating softly inside their new formed chests, the source of their magic. A heartstone. These new beings spread, working inside the general population, receiving a new class name. The Constructs.

Blu reached for the stone, crystalline claws closing gently around it. They held their forearm back, and threw it out across the water. It skipped three times, before sinking with a plip sound. It was early morning, the sun just barely peeking over the horizon, filtering through their scales and fragmenting the light. Blu's two lovers hadn't awoken just yet, and they were passing time by skipping stones in the pond.

Mirror's eyesockets glowed with cerulean magic, they had woken up. Lifting their head, they could see Blu in the distance, throwing things at the water. Mirror rose to their crystal paws, carefully removing their tail from under Crescent's neck. It didn't work as intended, as Crescent sleepily grabbed the appendage, and pulled it back towards them.

"Stay here..."Crescent murmured sleepily. Mirror sighed, tapping them lightly on the horn.

"Blu's already up, let go of my tail." Crescent relented, but not before they gently nuzzled the tip. Mirror snorted softly, walking down towards the water.

"Join us when you're ready, silver sickle."

Blu heard the others before they saw them. The two made soft tinking sounds as their scales slid against each other, walking towards the water. Blu turned around, seeing their two lovers illuminated in the morning sun, their scales like molten gold.

"Oh, I love it when you both stand in the sunrise." Blu walked forwards, giving a quick nuzzle to them both, before turning to the water.

"Want to go for a little swim together?" Blu's tone was light as they waded into the pond, tail flicking behind them, asking for their lovers to follow.

Crescent and Mirror waded as well, eventually treading water next to Blu. Being made of gems, temperature was not an issue.

"How was your sleep, both of you?" Crescent paddled over to them, swirling in the water. The two others answered simultaneously.

"Good!"

Blu seemed pleased, and dove below the surface of the water. Underneath, it wasn't too deep, but little plants and small fish were near the bottom. Blu didn't need to breath, being made of only crystals and magic. They saw their lovers behind them, walking in the underwater sands, stirring it up. Blu had found an interesting looking thing earlier, a cave. Rather strange for a pond, wasn't it? They led Crescent and Mirror deeper down, looking for the cave entrance.

Blu found it eventually, pointing at it and motioning for the two others to follow. It was a small fit, but the actual cave was quite a bit bigger than the narrow entrance. Blu hoped that they weren't wasting everyone's time...

They hadn't wasted it the slightest. Inside the cave, there were hundreds of tiny little crystals, lining the walls like a geode. They were navy blue in color mostly, but there were a few red and black ones sprinkled across the rest.

Crescent certainly wasn't expecting this. It was absolutely stunning, much like both of their loves.

"Blu, did you just stumble upon this...?" Crescent walked to the walls, and ran their claw gently over the crystals. Blu nodded, motioning to the cavern around them.

"It sure is pretty, but I think you both look even better."

"What're we going to do here?" Mirror questioned. Blu thought for a moment.

"Well, we can draw in the sandy bottom of the cave, we can just sit here and admire the crystals, or..." Blu would've wiggled their eyebrows, if they had them.

"Cuddle pile is always viable!" Blu grabbed Mirror gently, pulling them both into a hug, and flopping onto the sand. Blu's claw beckoned for Crescent to join, and they did, curling their tail underneath them both.

Blu wrapped one of their wings around them each, pulling them close enough that they could hear both of their heartstones. They thought it was beautiful.

Crescent did not even try to resist the embrace, nuzzling against Blu's neck, and curling their tail around Mirror's. They felt they were protecting them both this way.

Mirror entwined their tail around Crescent's, and extending their forearm across Blu's chest, and Crescent grabbed it gently, holding it. Mirror felt loved.

Three heads are better than two, after all.

Take this

*yeets NB dragon poly in your direction*

If I got some aspects of poly wrong, I apologize, and feel free to correct me!