Half-Breed

a/n: Sorry for not working on this for a while, I've had a lot of other writing projects I needed to work on so I barely had time for this. So here's the second chapter to make up for it. Peace!
________________________________

??? POV:

I looked out my window with little beams of light barely seeping through the blinds. I placed down the book I had in my hands, it had already been almost 2 days since I first arrived here and it was already boring. Nothing about this dimension, or what seemed to be another dimension, was exciting at all. I haven't seen one dragon here yet. Don't they have dragons here? I got up from the covers and made my way to the closet. I had nothing else to do so I decided to take a walk in the city.

' If I'm gonna be stuck here, I might as well explore this place.' I opened the closet door, it was empty then I remembered, I don't have any clothes other than what I'm wearing. I sighed and closed the closet. I walked out of my bedroom and headed to the door, I slipped on my sneakers. They both had some holes in them since I use to run so much in the mountains, they would get torn on some rocks. I walked out of the house and started walking down the street. The sky looked really clear, maybe a few clouds but barely visible. The calm wind blew onto me, making my skin get goosebumps. This city was really peaceful, empty and boring but peaceful.

4 hours later...

I walked into an area with a bunch of weird wooden stands with tents over them. I had seen these before in the human villages but I never knew what they were called. I walked further in, multiple voices filled the air. I looked around, there weren't that many people. But it certainly wasn't empty. The stands were filled with crates with fruits and vegetables in them. I could smell the fragrance of the fresh bread from one of the stalls. My stomach started to rumble. I hadn't really eaten much in a couple of months, rations were really small back home so there wasn't that much to eat.

I continued to wander around the market until my nose twitched, my nose would always twitch if I felt something off in the atmosphere....or if someone was watching me. I decided to walk out of the market and play a little game. I ducked behind an alleyway and waited.

Mario POV

I went to the market because Ritchie told us all to make dinner so the whole guild could eat together that night, I was really surprised when he said that because we never really all ate together as a guild. When Lucas asked him why, Brandon said, " Don't worry about it."

After Brandon and Ritchie left, David took the initiative (wow, big word!) and assigned us all roles, Kit and Polly were to set up the plates and stuff, Lucas and Blake were to make dinner, and Inmo and I were to get the ingredients but Inmo literally left me in the middle of going to the market. He said he would get there quicker and then blasted off into the sky, going in the complete opposite direction. Sometimes I wonder how he even got into this guild.

I continued to the market, stopping by most of the fruit stalls and grabbing a few other things. I happen to stop by the meat section before I stopped myself. Something felt wrong, very wrong. There was this aura, not a bad aura but nothing I've ever felt before. I looked around trying to figure out where it was coming from. I felt the aura getting stronger as this girl walked into the market. She wore a white short-sleeved shirt with forest green overalls, and her brunette hair was in a braid with little flowers embedded in her hair. She wore black shoes that almost looked torn up. Her aura stood out to me the most, which doesn't really happen often. It seemed almost familiar but I couldn't figure out why.

I watched her until she got to the middle of the market. She suddenly stopped. ' Why did she stop?' Her nose twitched a little. I've never seen anyone do that often. It reminded me of Earthus, when her senses were heightened, her nose would sometimes twitch.