The Trial of Bahamut 3/3

Previously:

We continued down the tunnel until I spotted a small light from around the corner. " Hey, guys. Look!" I yelled pointing at the light. " Woah..."

" Well, see ya!" She yelled before flying down the river and around the corner. " Wait! We're supposed to do this together!"

He slowly looked up and saw more water leaking from the ceiling. " Um, guys?"

" RUN!!"

She took a deep breath and roared towards the rock. The roar vibrated throughout the water and caused the rock to break into smaller chunks.

" That's it! That dragon's crazy!" Eirwen exclaimed as she sat up.

" That dragon's crazy...who's she to think that she could put three-....two dragons and a human into a cave and have that happen and expect us to live?! She's insane."

" Who are you?!"

" I am Paheliyaan, dragon god of riddles."

" Now, all three of you are gathered here for the test of mind." He said, looking at the three standing in a line. " To pass this test, you must answer three riddles. You only have three tries for each and only 10 seconds to answer."

" Last riddle....A truck drove to a village and met four cars. How many vehicles were heading to the village?"

" That's dumb."

" One. One truck." Maddie answered.

He looked between them both and nodded. " Correct."

Maddie and Mario both cheered and hugged each other. " Now that you have finished the test of mind, you may leave."

" Do you think we'll make it out here...alive?"

" Hey..." I looked back at him.

" We'll make it out...I promise," He reassured me. I smiled. We both looked at the crystal. I felt his hand grab my paw.

We will make it out of here...he promised.

Maddie POV:

After we took a break to relax, we all continued on our way to the next test. We stumbled upon a huge room with sandstone pillars. We looked ahead and saw most of the floor and it was filled with different ruins in different squares. " It's probably one of those floors where you step on the wrong one and something happens." Mario said, examining it.

" Yeah, no dip." Eirwen snarked.

" Oh, and you knew?" I said, sarcastically. She looked at me shocked and stammered. She scoffed and looked away. I looked at Mario and winked. He smiled in return. We looked out onto the floor. " Okay, now how do we do this?" Mario asked. I looked down onto a random rune. I took a deep breath and jumped on it. I winced and opened my eyes. Nothing happened. " That's it! It's about faith."

" What?!" They yelled in sync.

" You have to have faith in yourself. That's what this test must be about," I said, taking another jump onto another ruin. " Come on!" I called out to them. I saw Mario prepare himself before taking a jump to where I jumped.

We kept jumping until Mario caught up with me and we were only five rows away from the end. " Look, we're almost there! We can get out of here!" Mario exclaimed.

" No...you won't." We turned and saw Eirwen stalking around us. " Eirwen?" I questioned.

" I will be leaving...but I'm afraid you will not," She said, baring her claws. Me and Mario looked at her in fear. " Eirwen, why are you doing this?" I asked.