Secrets Revealed

Maddie POV:

I watched as a small stream of water poured onto the flowers. I tipped the watering can back up and set it aside. I stood up and wiped some of the dirt off of my overalls. I looked around at my garden. I had just finished planting some new plants in my garden.

I sighed in relief now that my garden was done. My plan was to make this place pretty for the next person who lives here because hopefully, I'll be gone soon. I looked down at my water can, it was almost empty. I picked up the watering can and started to walk towards the door. I stopped in my tracks as I heard a voice say, "Hello? Maddie?"

I stopped and started walking backwards to the left side of my house and slowly peered around the edge. I saw Ritchie and Brandon standing at my door. "Oh, hey guys! Over here!" I yelled out to them. They both looked my way. I waved my arm so they could see me. They both made their way around the side and walked into my backyard.

"Hey, Maddie. What are you doing?" Ritchie asked.

"Hey, Ritchie. I was just watering my plants," I said, gesturing to the garden. Ritchie looked at the garden in shock while Brandon just looked amused. I don't think I've ever seen him have any other facial expression before.

"This looks nice," Ritchie commented.

"Thank you. I spent about an hour on it."

"Well, it was an hour well spent," Brandon commented. For some reason, that made me feel very proud of myself. Very proud.

"Well...thanks. Anyways, what are you guys doing here?"

"Well, my brother and I were talking yesterday and we thought it would be nice to show you some of the other guilds here in Atlantide," Ritchie responded.

I made a noise of hesitation. "I think that would be useless. I mean, I'm not staying here for long." is what I wanted to say, but instead said this, "I don't know..."

"Oh come on, a little chat won't hurt anyone."

I looked over at Brandon who just shrugged. I sighed, knowing I wasn't gonna win this. "Fine. Where are we going?"

A big smile grew on Ritchie's face. You know, the kind of smile when you give a small human boy the best gift ever. Yeah, that kind of smile

"We're gonna show you the Protector's guild. They've helped us multiple times."

"Okay, how far are they?"

"Well, we're gonna have to take a boat to get there," Brandon responded.

I groaned. "A boat? I hate boats..."

Ritchie laughed in amusement. "It'll be fine, come on."

Time skip: 30 minutes later...

Maddie POV:

I held onto my stomach as I swayed on the boat. "And we're here!" I hear Ritchie yell. I was too nauseated to even look up. "Just get me off of here..." I murmur as I stumble my way over to the bridge. I slowly and carefully made my way down the rope bridge and stumbled onto the sand. I stood there for a second and let my stomach settle. I took a few deep breaths as I waited for Ritchie and Brandon to walk off the boat.

We all continued walking down the path to the guildhall. Ritchie and Brandon were ahead of me while Ritchie gave an explanation about the island and the guild and its members.

I suddenly smelt chocolate and peppermint. I stopped in the middle of the path while Brandon and Ritchie walked ahead. I sniffed the air, looking for the scent.

I began to walk off the trail, smelling the scent. Thanks to my dragon scenes, smell was one of my best ones.

I kept walking until I found a big dark oak building with stone brick trimming. I could hear soft humming coming from inside. My stomach began to grumble as the smell of chocolate became stronger.